Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 02:32 PM

Prepaid cards?????

Anybody know if there is a card, that you can put money on to it,like you would with a gift card you get from shops,like M&S or WHSmith etc, to use to buy things,as the company i work at,the cafe and the vending machines are all now cashless,card payments and phone apps only!
I dont use cards,or phone apps,I'm a cash person. I should not need to be forced to go cashless,just to be able to buy a bacon butty or a drink,and certainly not giving card or vending companies bank details, my personal information to get anything!
Is it possible to actually go to a shop or outlet, and speak to a real persin,and hand over real money,and have the amount added to a card. I've looked online, but not found anything.

Thanks.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Re: Prepaid cards?????

Best complain to your company bosses and get them to at least instal machines that also take money.You could glue a notice on ther machine please convert to a cash machine . I know the reason why, they don't want money left in a machine to get broken into. also not having to pay someone to collect and pay into a bank
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Best complain to your company bosses and get them to at least instal machines that also take money.You could glue a notice on ther machine please convert to a cash machine . I know the reason why, they don't want money left in a machine to get broken into. also not having to pay someone to collect and pay into a bank
Ditto.

Gaz - you can get pre-paid cards from travel agents. Normally these are used instead of travellers' cheques when you go abroad on holiday. If you get one, you can load it up with GP£ and use it like a debit or credit card. The TA will even give you a PIN for it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 04:42 PM

There are such things as pay as you go credit cards and debit cards, where you add money to your card and then use it like any other card and I believe you can top them up at a post office

https://www.money.co.uk/prepaid-card...edit-cards.htm

http://splashplastic.com/how_to_top_...ebit_card.html
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 06:36 PM

Thanks Percy and Longdogs, but both suggestions you made,require giving personal information to obtain a card. I want a card that you can get,and pay to put cash on,with real money,without giving personal details,or paying fees.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Thanks Percy and Longdogs, but both suggestions you made,require giving personal information to obtain a card. I want a card that you can get,and pay to put cash on,with real money,without giving personal details,or paying fees.
If I understand it correctly (don't quote me on this), you can get a card anonymously from certain retail outlets but you can't then top it up afterwards, so I suppose you could add say £50 - £100 (or however much you think you need) then replace with another when that one runs out.

I suppose if you do actually work for M&S, you could simply buy a gift card assuming the cafe will accept it.
Gaz55
UK

13-02-2020, 08:32 AM

I don't work for M&S,i used that as one of the examples of gift cards.

I've still not found anything. But am already getting bombarded by junk mail from Google about credit cards and credit apps!

I think ill try searching for ballet dancing lessons for elephants, and see if i get junk mail for that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-02-2020, 11:06 AM

I don't work for M&S,i used that as one of the examples of gift cards.

I've still not found anything. But am already getting bombarded by junk mail from Google about credit cards and credit apps!

I think ill try searching for ballet dancing lessons for elephants, and see if i get junk mail for that!
Gaz55
UK

13-02-2020, 02:45 PM

Well,i tried a Google search for ballet dancing lessons for elephants, and got ads about dancing lessons at dance studios at the Elephant & Castle. Lol.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-02-2020, 04:56 PM

Well,i tried a Google search for ballet dancing lessons for elephants, and got ads about dancing lessons at dance studios at the Elephant & Castle. Lol.
Excellent. I know the Elephant & Castle, so will be joining you on your first lesson.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top