Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:32 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Three things for me - Tomatoes, Kidney, Milk
I like tomatoes now but still hate kidneys and millk...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:37 PM

I remember finding something very odd looking on my plate when I got home from school. My Mum wouldn't tell me what it was until I had tried it. It was bloody horrible and turned out to be Heart. Even now the thought of it makes me feel queasy.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember finding something very odd looking on my plate when I got home from school. My Mum wouldn't tell me what it was until I had tried it. It was bloody horrible and turned out to be Heart. Even now the thought of it makes me feel queasy.

Ooh No, Dongle
I also, couldn't eat heart, kidney or liver if you paid me.

At school they used to make us sit there until we'd finished whether we liked what was on our plate or not. We weren't allowed to leave food.
There were 2 things I couldn't bear. One was Semolina (lumps and all), and the other one I couldn't even look at let alone eat, was Beetroot.
I used to bawl me eyes out when I was the only one left sitting in that dining hall all on my own, but I couldn't eat it without gagging.

One day Mum told me to hide it in my hanky and dispose of it later, but one horrid girl saw me and reported me, and I got sent to the Headmistress, so was in more trouble. They'd never get away with treating kids like that these days.

To this day, I can't bear beetroot and the way it stains everything on the plate red. Aaaggghhhh . .
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:41 PM

Anything flavoured with ginger - tastes like soap to me.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh No, Dongle
I also, couldn't eat heart, kidney or liver if you paid me.

At school they used to make us sit there until we'd finished whether we liked what was on our plate or not. We weren't allowed to leave food.
There were 2 things I couldn't bear. One was Semolina (lumps and all), and the other one I couldn't even look at let alone eat, was Beetroot.
I used to bawl me eyes out when I was the only one left sitting in that dining hall all on my own, but I couldn't eat it without gagging.

One day Mum told me to hide it in my hanky and dispose of it later, but one horrid girl saw me and reported me, and I got sent to the Headmistress, so was in more trouble. They'd never get away with treating kids like that these days.

To this day, I can't bear beetroot and the way it stains everything on the plate red. Aaaggghhhh . .
I don’t eat heart either but it’s a yes to liver and kidney. I love beetroot and I make a mean semolina pudding
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:45 PM

Sorry sweet sue, I use it in my cooking often. Goes with garlic, like salt and pepper
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:48 PM

Potted meat - detestable.

"Ingredients: Beef Tripe, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Beef Hearts, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Meat Broth, Vinegar, Salt, Flavoring, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite."
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:48 PM

Don't think I could stomach semolina either. Yeuk.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Three things for me - Tomatoes, Kidney, Milk
I like tomatoes now but still hate kidneys and millk...
That’s tough, no ketchup for you
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Potted meat - detestable.

"Ingredients: Beef Tripe, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Beef Hearts, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Meat Broth, Vinegar, Salt, Flavoring, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite."
Eeuw, I would not eat that either

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top