Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:07 PM

stitched up by cameron

Hi all all time for a bl##dy good moan....
Once again our government has stitched me up ...last year all their cuts hit my company (along with others) costing me my job ...just a few months after my wife lost hers...I have spent the last year trawling the job boards looking for work trying to live on £85 a week (for 2 of us), thank goodness i had some redundancy money... I am to qualified for anything except my field and to old for a company to retrain..
....this week my wife managed to secure 2 part time jobs about 5 hours a day she don't get much but enough to pay a few bills a month and get the wolves from the door...I realised that i would would lose my Joint claim, but what i didn't was that i would lose my entire claim for JSA (dole) completely...we cant even get working tax credits she does not do enough hours ...so now our other benefits ie council tax mortgage protection ppi's when worked out I/we are worse off now ...were is the justice .....
PS we are not green haired , tattoo covered layabouts or scroungers who don't want to work ..just ordinary people caught up in the financial mess this government has got us in....so moan moan moan moan ...lol
PS if i if i put down what i really think into print i would probably get booted...lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:47 PM

Re: stitched up by cameron

It's the same over here Steve, they have you stitched up every way you go, you get a part time job to help ease the financial strain and they chop your other arm off, you work all your life and because the banks get too greedy you lose your job while they get financial backing with your money, crazy isn't it, but you can bet some government gobshite will try to make it all sound sensible to anyone foolish enough to listen. Don't let it break you down, this has to come to an end sometime, we've been through these depressions before, under different names of course, but still depressions. Wonder what they'll call the next one?.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 10:03 PM

yes it will come to a end, but if it dont within the next 4 months there is a real possibility i could have my house put under threat ....Now here is e real poser for you .....I pay £500 a month mortgage ...or I should do and will have to in September...and the house next door to me is rented out for £575 a month ...my neighbour used to get it all paid till they got a job....Now i cannot get my mortgage paid ...but if i have to pay rent they will pay that...so if they help me pay my mortgage they will save money ....but then again if i sell my house I will be able to claim anything till i have spent the proceeds..they get you which ever way you try to protect your own interests...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 10:08 PM

Talk about been snookered!, it's a disgrace the way decent people are treated.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:23 AM

Martin, it is not Cameron who has casued your problems, it is Nu-Labour, they and the people who voted for them sewed the seeds and now WE all have to reap the the rewards of what spending beyond our means gives us.

Sorry about your situation but one piece of advice, only put enough on your CV to get the type of job you are applying for, do not put every qualification that you have on the form.

Firms want people who will stay not use the job as a stepping stone and showing that you are over qualified for the job being applied for does not help you.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

22-05-2012, 10:19 PM

I agree that new labour sowed the seeds but Cameron is fertilising the weeds and pulling out the flowers....IE the hanger ons are getting looked after and the people who want to live are getting sacrificed.... for example ...i went to my job centre today with a ream of papers and a form 36 pages long to fill in ...i asked for help and was told to come back another day .....I went to sign on and it was like the spanish inquisition ...despite having applied for 4 jobs this week i was questioned about a job I didn't apply for ...why because i didn't have the experience or qualifications but that didn't seem to matter ........Then a scruffy fat layabout who stunk out the whole room went to sign on and wasn't even questioned ..he had NO hope or no intentions of getting a job...that's what makes me so ANGRY
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

22-05-2012, 10:21 PM

PS it's MARTIAN lol
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 06:49 AM

Couldnt you rent out your house to pay the morgage and you rent till you get back on your feet.I dont know but its just a suggestion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Annie darlin' - council or housing association property to rent are non-existent. Therefore the only alternative for rent is private rented accommodation, the cost of which would swallow up and then some of any money gained from renting out one's own home and using the money to pay the mortgage - totally impractical and uneconomic.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Just trying to help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top