Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Your messages for people who haven't logged on in a while

Hi Guys - we passed the magic 1,000 member mark!! Well done everyone

Well I was thinking about sending an email to all members, just to give them a slight update, and suggest they log on and say hello if they haven't been on in a while... then thought, why not get you guys to write your messages and I can include them as well just for a bit of fun

So if you would like to include a message, just post it in this thread and I will add it you can use '$username' so that the system will replace that with their actual username.

I could start the email off something like this...

Hi $username!

Just a quick update from Over50sforum.com, guess what? We've passed the magic 1,000 member mark!

If you haven't logged on in a while, why not pop over and say hi? (In case you've forgotten your log in name, it is: $username)

Here are some messages from some of our members, just to remind you what a friendly bunch we are...

Your messages here..

Your messages here..

Your messages here..
What do you reckon? Good idea?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2012, 11:59 PM

Re: Your messages for people who haven't logged on in a while

I think it's a good idea in theory, but I'm not sure if it would bring people back to the forum. Not being a pessimist or negative or anything, but we don't know why people haven't logged on in a while. It could be due to ill health, personal problems, domestic problems, or sadly worse.

There are a number of folk I miss coming on here such as Dabby, Chippy, Bonny, Miki's Mum, MLee, Morticia - quite a few - but I wouldn't know what to say to them in a message, except that I hope they're all well.

There may be 1000 members, but only a handful of those post regularly, and some haven't posted in a couple of years.

As always I wish you nothing but the best, and will once again congratulate you on the success of this lovely forum.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:10 AM

I second that Azz, No matter how many join there's always a small Number who are Regular Posters. .
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:47 AM

well I have not been here in a while with being o the trip
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:50 AM

Sometimes people just totally forget about a forum - and an email jogs their memory

Welcome back Pixie
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 06:13 AM

We are not all things to all men, as they say and people come and go and some may come back or not but there are the old hands who are here for time immemorium........dear God she is with us again.... but we know what she means ...I think.!
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 09:49 AM

i think a lot of people join forums and then dont like them but dont have their details removed and this pushes the numbers up....theres nothing to celebrate by having over 1000 members if they arent posting...its the same members that seem to post regularly on here and most other forums....

i would have thought it better to remove members that havent posted in a long time as its obvious they wont be coming back and perhaps the ones that have not posted in a while ie over the last 3months then just send them a message to ask if they still want to be a member...

ive only been here a couple of years and i dont post much the main reason being its not my kind of forum theres nothing really gripping to comment on and i find it very boring in here ...i do belong to another forum which is the complete opposite where i get my daily dose of laughter and i love going back every day..here i feel its like sitting in gods waiting room...
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

23-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Don't hold back dollie............say it like it is.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by dollie ->
i think a lot of people join forums and then dont like them but dont have their details removed and this pushes the numbers up....theres nothing to celebrate by having over 1000 members if they arent posting...its the same members that seem to post regularly on here and most other forums....

i would have thought it better to remove members that havent posted in a long time as its obvious they wont be coming back and perhaps the ones that have not posted in a while ie over the last 3months then just send them a message to ask if they still want to be a member...

ive only been here a couple of years and i dont post much the main reason being its not my kind of forum theres nothing really gripping to comment on and i find it very boring in here ...i do belong to another forum which is the complete opposite where i get my daily dose of laughter and i love going back every day..here i feel its like sitting in gods waiting room...
Goodness, dollie, if it's that bad here then why bother to read/post here? Not having a go at you, but your post is quite condemning so I wonder what keeps you here.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

23-07-2012, 11:20 AM

What dollie said is perfectly true. There's no point in having 1000 members if most of them don't post. I'm a believer in 'quality, not quantity' and have never really been that impressed with numbers. This forum has a reasonable selection of topics, only a few of which hold any interest for me but that doesn't mean I should leave. And I can't help noticing that there are quite a few topics that don't really get much attention. In my opinion, the forum is here for anyone who wants to join and how much they participate should be up to the individual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top