Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Re: Your messages for people who haven't logged on in a while

Well dollie, if this is gods waiting room - it ain't so bad

My first reaction Azz, was yes it seems a good idea. But having thought about it and reading comments, it is not knowing why they are not posting that is a concern.

The first part of your message is fine, but I'm not sure that sending messages from members would work. I've no idea what to say and none of them know me.

Whatever you decide, wish you luck
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:00 PM

The responses from members here is not very encouraging or positive. Poor Azz.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Oh crumbs Mall, I feel guilty now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by dollie ->
i think a lot of people join forums and then dont like them but dont have their details removed and this pushes the numbers up....theres nothing to celebrate by having over 1000 members if they arent posting...its the same members that seem to post regularly on here and most other forums....

i would have thought it better to remove members that havent posted in a long time as its obvious they wont be coming back and perhaps the ones that have not posted in a while ie over the last 3months then just send them a message to ask if they still want to be a member...

ive only been here a couple of years and i dont post much the main reason being its not my kind of forum theres nothing really gripping to comment on and i find it very boring in here ...i do belong to another forum which is the complete opposite where i get my daily dose of laughter and i love going back every day..here i feel its like sitting in gods waiting room...
Dollie perhaps you would care to tell us what is your kind of forum and what you consider something "gripping" to comment on? If you have any suggestions of what you would like to see here, maybe Admin will consider it.

I'm sorry if you feel this isn't your kind of forum and you find it boring here but something must be of interest to you as you have made over 70 posts in July alone!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 02:27 PM

For those who think that there's no point having X number of members if they don't post... I'm afraid to say you just don't get forums.

People dip in and out of forums for numerous reasons. I am, for example, probably a member of a few hundred - yet it would be impossible for me to post an all on a regular basis. I post on them when I need to or want to, whether that is for specific advice or when I just feel like in the mood.

Anyway, can we get back on topic please - this thread is for those who want to add their comment to the email

(Thread will be removed just before the email is sent)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 04:11 PM

I think you are right Dolly, we are all in Gods waiting room, however old we may be, what a clever girl to recognise it!
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

24-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
For those who think that there's no point having X number of members if they don't post... I'm afraid to say you just don't get forums.

Just for the record, I do get forums. What I don't get is celebrating a membership of 1000 when the majority of them don't post. Maybe I used the wrong phrase in my original post when I said 'there's no point in having.......' I should have said there's no point in bragging about it.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2012, 02:32 PM

All forums are the same, lots of members, but only a few regular posters.
What I don't understand, is the people who go to the trouble of joining up and never posting at all, there are quite a few of those people on every forum.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Message for people who havent logged in for a while...So where the Hell are you!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top