Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Re: Happy Wednesday Everyone.

There is a very mixed view in this country about the Olympics Bob. For me it will cause a nightmare trying to get to work from next week but I will watch it on TV when I can. Others won't even do that as you will have seen from other threads. I just hope it goes as smoothly as possible and London stays safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Hello everyone another scorcher of a day here!

We took Cassie to the Cattery this morning for her annual holiday, she has been going there for years and is used to all the staff there. We set off tomorrow morning for two weeks in sunny Devon - although showers have been forecast for that area next week, the change of scenery will be nice though.

Lovely pics again everyone, they are very much appreciated!

Take care!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
There is a very mixed view in this country about the Olympics Bob. For me it will cause a nightmare trying to get to work from next week but I will watch it on TV when I can. Others won't even do that as you will have seen from other threads. I just hope it goes as smoothly as possible and London stays safe.
I lived close to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia years ago. There was a bomb scare during that occasion. There are just too many nut jobs out there. I wish you well. The United States has hosted the Summer & Winter Olympics many times. I grew up watching them and looking forward to every minute. I must admit it makes a difference when your country's athletes have a good chance to bring home medals. Some of the most heartwarming stories involve those who don't stand a chance. Take the Jamaica bobsled team or "Eddie The Eagle" from Great Britain. Nobody can tell you who won the medal but the both make Olympic history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_%...gle%22_Edwards
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Good morning fellow members a lovely day here and hot already.

I have been to have my hair cut so am late getting on here.

I have also and trimmed the lavender bed while it is dry now the bees have had a good fill. Later I will sit in the garden and strip the flowers to put in bowls about the house.

The first of my runner beans are ready so will have them for dinner tonight with some fish, something to look forward to

Enjoy your day everyone .
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

We took Cassie to the Cattery this morning for her annual holiday, she has been going there for years and is used to all the staff there. We set off tomorrow morning for two weeks in sunny Devon - although showers have been forecast for that area next week, the change of scenery will be nice though.

Take care!
Enjoy your holiday Mags
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Take care!
Mags I think you are going to be one of the luck ones with regard to weather. Even if you get the odd shower I think it unlikely there will be a repeat of the dreadful weather we have been having of late. I wish we could have our holiday in Devon again with some sun.

Enjoy yourself and don't stray too far from the diet
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Enjoy your holiday Mags
Thank you Marian, I'm sure I'll have a great time with the grandchildren being there ........ I may come home exhausted though!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags I think you are going to be one of the luck ones with regard to weather. Even if you get the odd shower I think it unlikely there will be a repeat of the dreadful weather we have been having of late. I wish we could have our holiday in Devon again with some sun.

Enjoy yourself and don't stray too far from the diet
Thanks Meg, I can put up with the odd shower.... as long as there are plenty of sunny intervals, I'll be happy...

Diet? that word isn't in my vocabulary whilst on holiday!!!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Have a great fortnight in Devon Mags, I am sure the sun will shine every day for you
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Have a great fortnight in Devon Mags, I am sure the sun will shine every day for you
Thank you Mary, I hope it will!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top