Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Whoops!

Somebody has boobed big time at the football match between N.Korea and Colombia.
It couldn't have been worse because, they attached photographs of N.Korean players with S.Korean flag.
See Here
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:44 PM

Re: Whoops!

I know......As soon as I heard that on the News this Morning I thought......Well that's a fine start to the Games. Hope it doesn't carry on in that Vein....or the UK will end up a Laughing Stock.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:47 PM

I watched a bit of the Torch thing tonight and it seems to be going to plan, must say I am glad I havent got to go.But they all look to be enjoying themselves.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 11:14 PM

I had to have a little giggle today, you see a few weeks ago I was talking to a friend in Kenya about the Kenyan athletes who would be going to the Olympics. I said I wondered how many would return to Kenya, he said, all of them of course. I then read this morning that one member of an East African team has already applied for asylum in UK. The friend I was speaking to is a member of the Kenyan Sports Commission and he admits they usually manage to "lose" an athlete or two in various countries where they are taking part in events.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:19 AM

I had a few words with Joe about all the Foreigners who decamp to Britain, they just walk in and we are a small island getting overcrowded. Its not right, i know I am half irish but i was born here.All the building for the Olympics looks nice now but will it be able to support itself after its all over,or will it go to the dogs.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I had a few words with Joe about all the Foreigners who decamp to Britain, they just walk in and we are a small island getting overcrowded. Its not right, i know I am half irish but i was born here.All the building for the Olympics looks nice now but will it be able to support itself after its all over,or will it go to the dogs.
I think it will all support itself after the games, 2 football clubs have been fighting over the main stadium, West Ham and Tottenham.
This is what is happening after the games
See Here
I can't for the life of me come to like the Orbit, I think it is a monstrasity.
I suppose some think it is clever, but I am afraid I feel it is a waste of money, but I believe some Arab state has paid for it. See Here

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top