Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Olympic Opening.

10pm and it's quite brilliant so far !
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 10:15 PM

Re: Olympic Opening.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
10pm and it's quite brilliant so far !
I agree I didnt know whether to bother watching it but i'm glad I am now
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 10:33 PM

I agree too - excellent - quite an informal and eclectic mix, if a bit complicated. I wonder how other countries will interpret it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I agree too - excellent - quite an informal and eclectic mix, if a bit complicated. I wonder how other countries will interpret it.
I was thinking the same Rena, I found some of it a bit confusing .

I am not sure the audience in the stadium will be able to see all the detail either .
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 10:59 PM

I've enjoyed it. Currently got the parade, love their faces
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 12:36 AM

I've nothing against sports, but I will be one that will not give the Olympics any of my time whatsoever as a matter of principle. The main reason is because the cost of it I find quite obscene.

Millions of pounds being spent on a sports event is shameful when this country is in a recession. Some folk are homeless, hospital wards closing down through lack of funding, folk being made redundant and struggling to pay their mortgages, old-age pensioners barely surviving and on the breadline.

Imagine how you'd feel if you had three bills in front of you, and you had to try to decide which one to pay. Electricity, gas or water, and the government was paying millions of YOUR pounds for a few sporting events?

And no, we won't get back what we've paid out. We'll be in more debt because of this!

Sorry, but I do feel very strongly about the waste of money.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 01:07 AM

I had it on in the background and quite enjoyed it, I did miss the first hour though so will try and watch that at some point tomorrow.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 01:38 AM

A fantastic performance by this country.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 07:14 AM

I said that I would not be watching the opening ceramony of the Olympic games but I did and thought it was brilliant especially the finishing lighting ot the Flame giving the honour to young athletes.

There was a lot of thought gone into it with the sign carriers dresses, wall of remembrance,all the living medal winners attending even down to the dress the queen wore as she parachuted down to the stadium, and the final song which got the whole stadium singing.

The Flame cauldron is a great feat of engineering and very unusual.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 08:38 AM

As someone who was quite underwhelmed by the whole Olympic experience, I have to say it was a wonderful spectacle, particularly towards the end. The stadium looked magnificent, the weather kept dry, the music was great, and the right choice in Redgrave to light the flame, was fitting. The flame structure was breathtaking. Well done to Danny Boyle and all concerned. Might even watch some of it now!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top