Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Have a Great Sunday Folk.

Looking out over the Yorkshire moors. Thunderstorms forecast for today. Dare I say it............we could do with some rain, the garden is quite dry after that hot weather.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 07:15 AM

Re: Have a Great Sunday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all who visit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM

It is a wet day here with a coolish breeze, just like early April, mother natures creatures are entertaining us with their aerial acrobatics and singing. The farmyard creatures are also chasing around the field like they are running the marathon plus the lonely peahen is strutting her stuff around the yard, in all quite an entertaining mornings walk

Plans for today are in the melting pot so it looks like it could be a suck it and see sort of day.

Alan our ground is almost below the water table level with all the rain we have had, should I send you some?

Lovely picture of the moorlands

Have a great time everyone and remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3CGia6WNY
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 08:29 AM

Morning every one, the day started out lovely but it is sliding back to its usual dull day. It was a lovely sunny start, showed the windows as being dirty, well filthy so I cleaned the inside es whilst waiting for Painkillers to kick in.Have a good day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Morning all, nice start here again and we've just had a smashing walk through the forest with the dogs, who have ended up filthy after chasing squirrels through a boggy area of land...looks like bath time has arrived early....

Nothing much planned, but it is Mrs PM's birthday tomorrow, so we are expecting to see several of our progeny who no doubt will all need feeding, so I'd better get started in the kitchen now methinks...

Have a great day yourselves,

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 09:05 AM

Good morning fellow members, a fine start with a bit of sun.
I have baby sitting this evening and am hoping for a relaxed day after the family lunch yesterday (which is never easy with 3 babies ) .

I have picked any beans which were ready and watered the rest . Going to do some jobs around the house before lunch which will be the remains of the excellent roast lamb we had yesterday with beans from the garden.

Enjoy your day everyone .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 09:33 AM

Glencoe Lochan

Morning All Dry and windy so far! Alan and Bob - if you want went weather, you should come up here to Renfrewshire! I think we get more rain here than the rest of the British Isles! Even although we had a few dry days with sun here this past week, the ground is still very wet! My garden is still sodden! Swap places, please

Lovely photos, Alan and Bob - and links as well, many thanks for sharing.

Take care and stay safe
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Good morning all,
No Alan, you may not say we need rain..tsk tsk
Sunny and cool here, hubby has opened every window and door and I'm cold now. Will be putting a jumper on soon.
Watched next door neighbour cut her front bit of grass with hand shears! Some people are just plain crazy.
Cooking some pies and chicken this morning but nothing else planned..I love being retired.
Enjoyed the photos and links (though I'm not a Sinatra fan, normally)
Have a good day everyone
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Good morning. We're in another stretch of absolutely gorgeous weather here, typical for July. Compared to the rest of the country we're in paradise. All the Midwestern crops are dead from the drought & heat wave. We look for food prices to skyrocket.

Not much planned for today. I'm giving that some thought before the sun has even risen here. Sunrise is being pushed back later & later as we lose daylight heading for the last months of Summer.

I've been watching the Olympics as much as I can. It's a tradition since childhood. Opening ceremonies were great! I hear Great Britain has already picked up gold in cycling.

It was sad to see most of the Chinese men fall on their butts in the qualifying rounds of gymnastics. They are generally so talented.

Have a good day all & stay safe.

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Good morning all - lovely pics! It's hot and sunny here again - most lawns are dead brown grass now with only the weeds still green and healthy. I'm off to the coffee shop with a novel this morning then joining two brothers and my sister for lunch with Mom before we take her to her favourite park. She likes to feed the red squirrels and see how the perennial beds are coming along.
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Good Evening everyone! Heavy downpours today and sunshine too. I hope that you all enjoyed your day, and thank you for the lovely photo's everyone. Just watching the swimming on TV at the Olympics.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top