Join for free
Page 91 of 107 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 > Last »
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:14 PM

Re: What have you done with your camera today

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Took a couple of pics of my Hipposomething and my Grevillea.

The hippothings remind me that it is spring whereas the Grevillea flower all year
Nice shots Bruce, especially the Hippo
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
smoke on the water ... nice one.
Reminds me of a song
gasman
Kent, UK

16-09-2020, 10:18 PM

Some people locally are planting stuff and making labels as shown here a couple of weeks ago https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

Here's another, shot today ...

New lens test?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
New lens test?
I've been rumbled ... my second purchase in a month.

Picked up one of THESE going cheap.

.. not a typical macro shot, but just trying it out on general purpose stuff.

I know it's not the best M43 macro lens but it's a class all-rounder.
gasman
Kent, UK

17-09-2020, 08:48 PM

I've been rumbled ... my second purchase in a month.

Picked up one of THESE going cheap.

.. not a typical macro shot, but just trying it out on general purpose stuff.

I know it's not the best M43 macro lens but it's a class all-rounder.
I used one of those on my Olympus E-M1 and had really good results. Nice and light too.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:13 PM

Not taken today but printed out when I need to keep the birds from crapping on my car especially when I have just washed it. One photo on the dash and one on the rear shelf. Works a treat. Feel free to copy and try it. (juvenile Sparrowhawk- sat on the garden wall watching me -quite unafraid- well who would argue with that beak and talons)

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:20 PM

That seems a good idea Toners. There was a large bird of prey statue put in a market hall to stop the pigeons getting in, worked at first, but after a while the pigeons realised it was a plastic bird & used to perch beside it, smirking at the stall holders down below.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That seems a good idea Toners. There was a large bird of prey statue put in a market hall to stop the pigeons getting in, worked at first, but after a while the pigeons realised it was a plastic bird & used to perch beside it, smirking at the stall holders down below.
Yes I change the photo when needed. I had a holiday in a scottish seaside town once and noticed an oddly placed owl on a lamppost. A local told me it was intended to scare away the seagulls but he said ' They soont kent it was deed'!
A weird image of an owl on a lamppost.
Didn't take a photo unfortunately!

Still seeing the eye of a hawk seems to be a deterrent, pigeons seem averse to ignore and the effect seems to last until the photo fades. Keeps the car clean.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:21 PM

Lunchtime crowd have gone.

gasman
Kent, UK

19-09-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Not taken today but printed out when I need to keep the birds from crapping on my car especially when I have just washed it. One photo on the dash and one on the rear shelf. Works a treat. Feel free to copy and try it. (juvenile Sparrowhawk- sat on the garden wall watching me -quite unafraid- well who would argue with that beak and talons)

Good idea and really nice shots toners

Page 91 of 107 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top