Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 08:29 PM

Re: Rocker - Mod or church mouse

I remember a burger bar on Blackheath that was open till late. A strange place really, where bikers, Old Bill and anyone having an illicit kiss & cuddle in their car could go. Everyone got on with each other just fine.
Littlesisfor7
New Member!
United States
Littlesisfor7 is female 

20-09-2020, 10:02 PM

Ok, I'll reply lol...thru 1969-1979 all my older brother's friends were what we in Midwest US would call.."Gearheads"...not really greasers. Some suburbanites could sort of afford Harley-Davidsons (they were always working or modifying their bikes/trading parts =all part of the love of them). But I also saw a lot of Hondas, Suzukis, & mbe Kawasakis.
Unless you lived in Urban Chgo (West side) you weren't really gonna see many Latino or Hispanics on bikes.
Two of my boyfriends were Gearheads. They did sport Leather but didn't have the money for lots of extras.
These guys drank, smoked a lot of weed, etc..for the most part they just "lived to RIDE"
My two older bros growing up were orderlies in Hospital ER and saw SO many bad bike wrecks, they chose not to get bikes!
but...now my grown kid (Army Officer) even has a bike. They are so much cheaper on fuel!
Sorry this got WORDY!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember a burger bar on Blackheath that was open till late. A strange place really, where bikers, Old Bill and anyone having an illicit kiss & cuddle in their car could go. Everyone got on with each other just fine.
Remember it well LD
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Littlesisfor7 ->
Ok, I'll reply lol...thru 1969-1979 all my older brother's friends were what we in Midwest US would call.."Gearheads"...not really greasers. Some suburbanites could sort of afford Harley-Davidsons (they were always working or modifying their bikes/trading parts =all part of the love of them). But I also saw a lot of Hondas, Suzukis, & mbe Kawasakis.
Unless you lived in Urban Chgo (West side) you weren't really gonna see many Latino or Hispanics on bikes.
Two of my boyfriends were Gearheads. They did sport Leather but didn't have the money for lots of extras.
These guys drank, smoked a lot of weed, etc..for the most part they just "lived to RIDE"
My two older bros growing up were orderlies in Hospital ER and saw SO many bad bike wrecks, they chose not to get bikes!
but...now my grown kid (Army Officer) even has a bike. They are so much cheaper on fuel!
Sorry this got WORDY!
No problem Littlesis.

Over here, our paramedics call motorcyclists "donors".
Littlesisfor7
New Member!
United States
Littlesisfor7 is female 

21-09-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No problem Littlesis.

Over here, our paramedics call motorcyclists "donors".
Oh no, that's hysterically [B]tragic![B]
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 04:07 PM

Oh no, that's hysterically tragic!
Not really, just a reflection of the black humour our emergency services use to get through a shift.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 04:46 PM

My late OH was banned from the Wimpy bar in Staines, for ever, because he had long side burns & his friend started an incident, which my late OH tried to calm down. In fact we all were, even though we did nothing except be there at the time.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 06:48 PM

Sorry this got WORDY!
Ha! You are only young once.

Sounds like you made the most of it Littlesisfor7
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My late OH was banned from the Wimpy bar in Staines, for ever, because he had long side burns & his friend started an incident, which my late OH tried to calm down. In fact we all were, even though we did nothing except be there at the time.
you little raver you
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you little raver you
I was totally innocent of all wrong doing, but got banned anyway, we just moved to a cafe further down the high street.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top