Join for free
Page 7 of 44 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

Updated on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 4:09pm

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases

Cases in United Kingdom

People tested positive

Daily 4,926

Total 403,551
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 05:40 PM

Sharp increase of patients on ventilator beds since yesterday.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:34 PM

With all the precautions and restrictions and fear in our daily lives now - and for the forseeable future - I can't help but feel it is too little, too late.
The virus is racing through everywhere and we can't stop it.

I still think what should have happened with something so serious, was an immediate ban put in place last January, and no one should have been allowed to leave, nor enter China. All travel should have ceased immediately.

It is not all of us us who should be having our lives turned upside, isolating from family, losing people we love and afraid to go out.
CHINA should have been isolated from the start, and all air travel suspended immediately and this might have been contained.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
With all the precautions and restrictions and fear in our daily lives now - and for the forseeable future - I can't help but feel it is too little, too late.
The virus is racing through everywhere and we can't stop it.

I still think what should have happened with something so serious, was an immediate ban put in place last January, and no one should have been allowed to leave, nor enter China. All travel should have ceased immediately.

It is not all of us us who should be having our lives turned upside, isolating from family, losing people we love and afraid to go out.
CHINA should have been isolated from the start, and all air travel suspended immediately and this might have been contained.
We've had too many false alarms in the past Mups. Nobody here took this seriously at the start because they didn't want to look like fools. There's too much of a blame culture.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We've had too many false alarms in the past Mups. Nobody here took this seriously at the start because they didn't want to look like fools. There's too much of a blame culture.

But they ARE to blame, Annie, and everyone else is suffering because of it.
Even now air travel is still going on. It's all wrong.

It's not Boris's fault, he didn't release this virus, he is just some people's scapegoat.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-09-2020, 11:22 PM

Technically it is the fault of Boris because he has ultimate responsibility as PM. By blame culture I meant that which makes those who should take action hesitate. The same people who laugh at warnings heap on the blame later. It happens time and again. The decisions made in this country are made by the Government in power.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:23 AM

Indoor mixing NOT banned in England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54252332

Boris Johnson only decides the rules for England and he stopped short of joining Scotland and Northern Ireland in banning people visiting each other's homes. First Minister Nicola Sturgeon urged people in Scotland to comply from today, with enforcement being introduced on Friday. Exemptions are in place for certain groups of people. The feeling is it's almost inevitable that England will follow suit in the coming weeks.
A strange decision by BJ after closing the pubs at 2200 - shut-out drinkers will just gravitate towards each others' houses .....
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:40 AM

Not long now and the bog roll brigade will be out emptying shelves...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-09-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Not long now and the bog roll brigade will be out emptying shelves...
They're ahead of you in Hull ..... yesterday:

Hull Asda customers are panic buying toilet roll ahead of coronavirus announcement

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...toilet-4539399

The toilet roll aisle in Asda Kingswood on Tuesday afternoon.

My local Home Bargains (cheapo) was pillaged for toilet rolls yesterday but my local Booths (posh) has plenty in stock .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
They're ahead of you in Hull ..... yesterday:

Hull Asda customers are panic buying toilet roll ahead of coronavirus announcement

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...toilet-4539399

The toilet roll aisle in Asda Kingswood on Tuesday afternoon.

My local Home Bargains (cheapo) was pillaged for toilet rolls yesterday but my local Booths (posh) has plenty in stock .....
Oh dear.

At this rate, I'm going to have to buy a copy of the Guardian.

Not to read, you understand.

Page 7 of 44 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top