Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 10:42 AM

Jackie Stallone, mother to actor Sylvester, dies at 98

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54247152

The larger-than-life character, who was known as an astrologer and wrestling promoter, "died in her sleep as she wished," said her youngest son, Frank.

While her son Sylvester ascended to the Hollywood A-list through films like Rambo and Rocky, Stallone remained relatively low-profile, only becoming a household name in her own right in the 1990s, through her life-long passion for astrology.

In 1989, she wrote the book Star Power: An Astrological Guide to Supersuccess, and started to make regular TV appearances as an astrologer and psychic.

For a time, she ran her own psychic hotline, and also claimed to have invented the term "rumpology", which is the art of reading people's futures by reading the lines and crevices of their buttocks.

In 2005, Stallone had a memorable stint in the UK's version of Celebrity Big Brother, entering the house as a surprise contestant.

Her arrival was a shock for her former daughter-in-law Brigitte Nielsen, with whom she had a frosty relationship.

Upon seeing Stallone, a stunned Nielsen exclaimed: "Oh my God! Jackie!"

In response, Stallone, wearing a fur coat and sunglasses, deadpanned: "Yeah... Jackie."

Once seen, never forgotten .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:19 AM

Re: Jackie Stallone, mother to actor Sylvester, dies at 98

She is almost as repulsive as her son - the plastic face and over done lips gave me the shudders.

Still - it is always sad when someone dies. R.I.P.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
She is almost as repulsive as her son - the plastic and over done lips gave me the shudders.

Still - it is always sad when someone dies. R.I.P.
She didn't look too bad back then .....

A few years later (aged 90):

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:46 AM

I think that is an insult to the lady and her son for posting that last photo when she had just died.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-09-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think that is an insult to the lady and her son for posting that last photo when she had just died.
You may think that - I don't, and, I suspect, neither would she .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:22 PM

I remember watching her on Celebrity Big Brother and she was quite outspoken. 'Yeah Jackie' was her catchphrase at the time. It's amazing how alike they look. Still, a good age.

RIP
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:27 PM

I bet she had an amazing life . I remember her visit to the BB house too .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-09-2020, 01:49 PM

IIRC, Jackie was only ever half-way present in the BB house - the rest of her addled brain was somewhere else on the planet - and her imperious behaviour upset many of the housemates, who began to "bully" her, at which point the unlikely Bez jumped in to defend her ("she cudda bin me mam"), a spontaneous gesture which went on to win him the money but which cut no ice with Jackie, who voted to evict him because he didn't "speak English" ......

Jackie may not have been likeable, but she made great TV .....

Another episode I remember is Caprice being "forced" to wash Jackie's "stinky tights", which were in competition with John McCririck's soiled underpants .....

It was a very good series that year .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top