Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 12:15 PM

Re: wearing masks

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Indeed, one mandatory rule, no exception.
Wrong! Many like me are exempt and we are not required to struggle with any kind of face covering.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Wrong! Many like me are exempt and we are not required to struggle with any kind of face covering.
Lucky you, I hate them, they make my nose run & itch & I feel hot & can't breath, but there is no medical reason I have to stop me from having to wear one, so I don't go out much, except to Tesco for an hour or so, I can just about cope that long. If I go to a shop or cafe I take it of the moment I get outside again. If we had to wear them all the time inside & out I'd be going nowhere at all.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Lucky you, I hate them, they make my nose run & itch & I feel hot & can't breath, but there is no medical reason I have to stop me from having to wear one, so I don't go out much, except to Tesco for an hour or so, I can just about cope that long. If I go to a shop or cafe I take it of the moment I get outside again. If we had to wear them all the time inside & out I'd be going nowhere at all.
Are you using disposable masks .....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Are you using disposable masks .....
No, I have three custom made & washable with filter pockets & I still hate them.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 02:45 PM

Me and the wife are wearing these we got from the Daily Mail at £2.49 each. Very comfortable, and much better than a traditional mask. That's not us by the way, we're much better looking!!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 02:46 PM

No, I have three custom made & washable with filter pockets & I still hate them.
If they're cotton, then that's what I was going to suggest .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 03:20 PM

According to the official Government guidance, the following groups are not required to wear a face-covering while using public transport, in a shop, pub or restaurant:

A child under the age of 11

People who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability

An employee of the transport operator, or in any other indoor setting where appropriate when they are acting in the course of their employment

Where a mask causes the wearer severe distress

An emergency responder such as a police officer, paramedic or fire officer acting in the course of their duty

Someone speaking to or helping anyone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate

Someone acting to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to themselves or others - including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity

While some people have genuine medical reasons these exemptions have and will continue to be exploited.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 03:48 PM

I'm not a medical expert, but from your description about how wearing a mask causes you problems, I would hazard a guess that was the start of a panic attack. I have a neighbour who is mask exempt due to panic attacks and her symptoms were the same. It happened in the local supermarket and the store called the paramedics in, who, after sorting her out, referred her to her doc and an exemption status was arranged for her.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-09-2020, 04:06 PM

I'm not a medical expert, but from your description about how wearing a mask causes you problems, I would hazard a guess that was the start of a panic attack. I have a neighbour who is mask exempt due to panic attacks and her symptoms were the same. It happened in the local supermarket and the store called the paramedics in, who, after sorting her out, referred her to her doc and an exemption status was arranged for her.
No, it isn't panic attacks I just plain hate wearing masks. I don't feel unwell, just itchy & hot. Wearing them for an hour or so is bearable, just, but all the time when out of my home, no. So no, I will not be classed as exempt from wearing one. I just won't go out if they make them mandatory all the time.
I am dreading the start of the fairs, then I may have to wear one all day.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:12 PM

I have a panic attack when I see plonkers not Taking precautions.
Doctors say that practically NO ONE is really in any danger by using a mask .
I have never heard such utter nonsense .
The answer is to get someone else to do your shopping then and don’t put other people at risk .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top