Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:30 PM

The EU Cannot Ever Be Trusted1

SATURDAY AFTERNOON RANT!

EU Backs Down - Barnier has told Frost during the Brussels talks this week that the EU was not serious with their threat to blockade foodstuffs between mainland UK and N.I.
But…. because of the row over the Government’s Internal Market Bill, these EU chief chancers have the gall to still demand legally-binding clauses to protect any future trade agreements from being breached. Surely they are having a laugh?
Legal clauses have never stopped the EU from breaching trade deals and agreements - ever.

As for their stupid and frankly, immature threat to blockade, are they really serious when they said they were not happy with some aspects of our food safety? This from the EU with their horse meat, toxic olive oil that kills, (80% of olive oil sold in the EU is adulterated) some has even been cut with engine oil, then of course there is the watered down wine or wine cut with sub-standard wine, their salad and vegetables containing high levels of banned pesticides, the list is endless, yet they dare to threaten us over our food standards? Even if Barnier now admits they were not serious. WTH! Why would any organisation, in the middle of crucial talks,believe they have the right to ever threaten a sovereign nation anway? And then the idiots when found wanting, still insist on future safeguards in their favour!!! It really takes the biscuit. I hope the world is watching as the EU confess that they lied about their threat.

They knew full well that buried deep in the WA is the provision for NI to follow EU law and standards in certain areas, this includes food standards. By Barnier choosing to threaten to not list the UK on a list of third countries that can export food in the EU, he knew full well that this would also apply to N.I. He has of course, now backed down and granted the rights until 2022. Sigh!

Do you wonder why he backed down? It seems that the EU based clearing houses which cater for around 11% of ALL euro derivative trading won’t be able to ramp up to meet the capacity requirements for several years. The reasons they give for this includes the fact that the euro clearing hasn’t grown as expected and it would be hard to make the clearing move to an EU member while people are working from home.

What they really mean is they gambled on banks and clearing houses fleeing London after the Leave vote and it simply hasn’t happened! It actually backfired on them. 350 registered to continue in the EU and a huge 1400+ registering to continue to work in the UK.

So Mr Barnier & Co, any future agreements that your untrustworthy organisation has with us will have to be reciprocal, because you simply cannot be trusted. YOU HAVE FORM!
Also, please try to get this through your thick skulls, the WA is an agreement, NOT A TREATY. And as the EU has just proven yesterday, their ‘unchangeable agreement can and has been amended.
Yet they complain and moan when we try to amend the WA to protect ourselves. What bl...y hypocrites! A clear case of ‘Do what we tell you to do, not as we do’’

Still, maybe it has reached the EU’s tiny brains that no-one messes with the UK. Does anyone recall the bragging that came about the population size of the EU compared to tiny UK? remember how Varadkar used that to try to belittle us, as did one MEP from Belgium?
The truth is they know that economically, globally and militarily, the UK is a big player but they just cannot help themselves, they just have to try their best to belittle us. Very foolish.

After the way the EU has acted, along with the 5th column within, Boris and Frost should give them a taste of our broadsword by reminding them that the WA is indeed an agreement, not a Treaty. Agreements can be amended/changed/cancelled by either side giving the other side due notice, ((in this case one month would be more than adequate!))
We only sign Treaties with Sovereign nations, not ponzi corrupt clubs.

Finally in this rant, Boris, don’t you dare give the EU permission to strengthen any (notice how the EU have changed the wording ‘’level playing field’’ to ‘’governance’’) governance over any unwanted trade deal agreed with them, most Leave voters would be more than happy for you to rip up the WA and no longer have a trade deal. We will deal under WTO rules.

With the EU liars, it certainly isn’t a case of ‘better the devil you know’.

RANT OVER. feel much better, time for a cuppa.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:49 PM

Re: The EU Cannot Ever Be Trusted1

Another excellent piece of work by Shropshiregirl, to which I'd like to add the following:

1. The wine cutting: Several years (maybe 30? can't remember exactly) ago, a number of Austrian and Northern Italian wine makers were found guilty of cutting their wine with antifreeze and/or methanol (aka wood alcohol) after a number of consumers of their products were poisoned resulting in loss of sight or even death.
2. Olive oil cutting: It's been standard practice for oil producing countries (esp. Italy and Spain) to import oil from other olive oil producing countries and use those products to blend in with their own to reduce the cost and, therefore, maintain their profit margins. The only olive oil I trust is that produced by my daughter who has a small olive grove in Umbria that is 100% guaranteed absolutely free of any additives. She only makes around 200lts a year, most of which is given away to friends and family.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Another excellent piece of work by Shropshiregirl, to which I'd like to add the following:

1. The wine cutting: Several years (maybe 30? can't remember exactly) ago, a number of Austrian and Northern Italian wine makers were found guilty of cutting their wine with antifreeze and/or methanol (aka wood alcohol) after a number of consumers of their products were poisoned resulting in loss of sight or even death.
2. Olive oil cutting: It's been standard practice for oil producing countries (esp. Italy and Spain) to import oil from other olive oil producing countries and use those
products to blend in with their own to reduce the cost and, therefore, maintain their profit margins. The only olive oil I trust is that produced by my daughter who has a small olive grove in Umbria that is 100% guaranteed absolutely free of any additives. She only makes around 200lts a year, most of which is given away to friends and family.

Thanks Percy, Their methods for putting profit before safety is well known. Well done to your industrious daughter however, anyone living in an area such as Umbria and lucky enough to have Olive trees would be wasteful not to do exactly as she does and use the Olives. I bet family and friends love her for her generosity.

The people I refer to of course, are the producers who are quite prepared to use obnoxious and downright dangerous methods in food production within the EU for profit. Where are those EU Food Safety safeguards that they have the gall to say they uphold and accuse us of suspected not being up to standard ??
Given that the UK has one of the highest Food Safety Standards in the world, I find the EU's words insulting and nauseating.

I am so proud of this country, our food and hygiene standard requirements are second to none. We have made many sacrifices in recent history, so when a charlatan corrupt organisation such as the EU dares to criticise our standards on anything - I'm afraid its like a red rag to a bull.- hence I then have to have a Rant! Salutations Mr & Mrs Percy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 06:25 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...K-latest-talks

Shropshiregirl you two could put an end to this circus instantly.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-latest-update

A cache of internal documents, seen by Express.co.uk, shows the European Union spending more than £23 million on big top spectacles inside and out of the bloc. The money went to organisations, such as the Palestinian Circus School and the Fekat Circus Club in Ethiopia, to help stage numerous events to promote culture, unity and healthy living over the last six years. Funding came out of the bloc’s current budget, meaning British taxpayers were forced to cough up just under £3 million between 2014 and 2019.

German MEP Nicolaus Fest, who unearthed some of the information, added: “We all know the EU constantly reminds us it’s a circus, in fact many of my fellow colleagues here act like clowns, but I never thought they would go so far as to actually fund the circus.

“Taxpayers deserve better than to have their hard-earned money squandered on such extravagant comedy.”
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 07:16 PM

The EU Cannot Ever Be Trusted, most of the population back in the 70s suspected that but were willing to take a chance on EEC.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-09-2020, 09:40 AM

They're at it again!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ics_newsletter
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-09-2020, 12:36 PM

Dear me, whatever are they thinking of. Simple enough to sort this out.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:34 PM

This has to be the Micron's doing since the Chunnel has operated quite nicely under the bi-lateral Canterbury Treaty (signed by Britain and France many years ago when tunnel first opened). If it is, I suggest the EU is now scraping the very bottom of a once very dirty barrel of things to try and bully us with.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-09-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
This has to be the Micron's doing since the Chunnel has operated quite nicely under the bi-lateral Canterbury Treaty (signed by Britain and France many years ago when tunnel first opened). If it is, I suggest the EU is now scraping the very bottom of a once very dirty barrel of things to try and bully us with.
An infringement of that treaty.

Article 6. EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-09-2020, 05:03 PM

What amazes me is that the EU are so desperate for Brexit to fail at any cost, they no longer have any shame over their conduct. They are operating on Tunnel Vision Channel only, GET THE UK!
They just cannot afford for us to be successful in any way once we leave at the end of the year. They are terrified of the UK ever doing good going it alone because quite a few of their 27 states are watching and waiting to see how we fare. They seem to have completely given up on acting in a grown up serious negotiating manner, it is always a scramble to put the next obstacle in our way whilst demand after demand for our state aid and fishing grounds. As I said - tunnel vision.

We are certainly a long way forward from that fly-on-the-wall television programme about the Brussels team Juncker, Barnier and one smug low-life who was so confident the EU had the UK where they wanted during the talks that he sat in his chair with his arms behind his head, smirking and then laughing before stating publicly -" that has gone exactly how we wanted - we always said the UK would be one of our colonies''

You're not laughing now are you minion?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top