Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:11 PM

Time for Ireland to Grow Up?

Interesting article here from Brendan O'Neil in Spiked.Agree wholeheartedly with him. Do you?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...nd-to-grow-up/
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:22 PM

Re: Time for Ireland to Grow Up?

Biden is doing someone's bidding, that's a certainty.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:59 PM

That link requires permission to use my 'personal data'!! No way.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Here's an extract for you.

Copyright Spiked.

"Ireland has become the plaything of two empires. On one side there’s the EU, which for the past four years has cynically used Ireland as a weapon against Brexit. And on the other side there’s the Democratic wing of the American establishment which is now insisting there can be no US-UK trade deal unless the British government accepts a version of Brexit that keeps Northern Ireland beholden to certain EU rules and regulations. It’s time for Ireland to grow up and to refuse to be used as a patsy by two huge powers hell-bent on making sure Brexit never properly comes to fruition.

The Democratic presidential candidate, Joe Biden, has issued what is effectively an imperial decree in relation to Ireland and Britain. He took to Twitter to announce that should he become president, should he become the most powerful man in the world, he will punish Britain if it even thinks of opting for a ‘Hard Brexit’ (or what the rest of us refer to simply as Brexit, as Britain’s complete exit from the European Union).

‘Any trade deal between the US and UK must be contingent upon respect for the [Good Friday Agreement] and preventing the return of a hard border. Period’, he said. Let’s be real about what is being said here. The aspiring leader of the most powerful nation in history is essentially instructing the United Kingdom to accept the Withdrawal Agreement, the highly problematic document signed between the EU and the UK which allows for continued EU oversight of economic matters in Northern Ireland even after the end of the transition period.

If the UK refuses to accept this arrangement, if it does anything to push back against the EU’s virtual annexation of a part of UK territory, then a future President Biden would punish us economically. He would hold up a trade deal, or maybe give the UK a bad trade deal. Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats have made similar comments. These people are making it clear that they will wield America’s economic and political power to the end of ensuring that the UK obediently agrees to allow the EU and its courts to continue ruling on customs, trade and state-aid issues in a part of the supposedly independent United Kingdom.

For a powerful politician in a foreign country to issue such a decree at any time – to insist that future trade-dealing will be contingent upon political obedience – is bad enough. But for Biden to make such an intervention in the week in which Boris Johnson’s government is actively seeking to temper and potentially change the Withdrawal Agreement is intolerable. It is a direct threat of future American meddling in internal British affairs."
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 02:49 PM

It's a pity that Biden can't draw up a comparison between the Declaration of Independence whereby the fledgling US cut all ties to Britain, and the UK trying to cut all ties with the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Interesting article here from Brendan O'Neil in Spiked.Agree wholeheartedly with him. Do you?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...nd-to-grow-up/
Yes, I do. Ireland is being used by the EU, just as we have been for 40 years. I remember that when they did once have a referendum re. leaving, strings were pulled to prevent them leaving.

Since then, of course, their politicians seem to have been pro-EU, no doubt for their own personal benefit, just like BLiar and Traitor May.

I think that once we have left the EU properly, Ireland will soon follow us for a number of reasons. Even fewer fishing areas for the Frogs and Cloggies!

As for the Bidet chappie, he should just keep his nose our of our internal affairs. He's just trying to win the votes of the Irish-Americans, of course, and I don't really think he's going to win anyway. Even if he does, I don't think that would have much effect on our economy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Biden should have been binned years ago, No hope candidate for the democrats.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I do. Ireland is being used by the EU, just as we have been for 40 years. I remember that when they did once have a referendum re. leaving, strings were pulled to prevent them leaving.

Since then, of course, their politicians seem to have been pro-EU, no doubt for their own personal benefit, just like BLiar and Traitor May.

I think that once we have left the EU properly, Ireland will soon follow us for a number of reasons. Even fewer fishing areas for the Frogs and Cloggies!

As for the Bidet chappie, he should just keep his nose our of our internal affairs. He's just trying to win the votes of the Irish-Americans, of course, and I don't really think he's going to win anyway. Even if he does, I don't think that would have much effect on our economy.
Precisely. Most Irish-Americans live in New York state, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Illinois - all highly Democrat voting states. If it wasn't for the Electoral College, the Republicans would never ever get the chance of electing a President because the Democrat vote of the cities of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco would far outweigh the total Republican vote in the whole of the rest of the USA.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Precisely. Most Irish-Americans live in New York state, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Illinois - all highly Democrat voting states. If it wasn't for the Electoral College, the Republicans would never ever get the chance of electing a President because the Democrat vote of the cities of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco would far outweigh the total Republican vote in the whole of the rest of the USA.
Same as Labour here. Their traditional supporters seem to be centred in all the large cities. I suppose that stands to reason. Hopefully, as people become more educated and worldly wise, the Labour (and Democrat) support is eventually likely to wane, which is why the Labour party seems to try to target our young children with their brainwashing tactics.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry you have problems with the link ST. I have just clicked onto it from OFF but can't see anything asking for personal data??? Anyway, Judd very kindly gave you the same text so alls well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top