Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 05:01 PM

Price of kittens

I just went on gumtree to see the price of kittens ( no I’m not going to get one) someone else wants one and out of interest I wondered how much kittens cost these days .

Now having lived overseas for decades I am used to people begging you to take a kitten as there are always too many kittens needing home .

In the U.K. kittens start at about £45 ponds to whatever you want to pay for the. .

A common or garden moggy is about £45- 150

And they come with prerequisites ‘ to forever home only’

What do they think people are going to say sorry we only want it for a week ?

Or

Are they going to inspect the home and keep doing so for the next 13 years to make sure you still have it ?

Why o why do people breed cats ( or dogs ) which they then sell and then as a sop to their own conscience perhaps insist on a forever home ?

Once an animal is sold it may be lucky and get a good home and it may not .

It’s a living animal at the mercy of its next owners .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Re: Price of kittens

Some selling sites advise putting a good price on puppies and kittens because of the nasty people who buy them to train fighting and baiting dogs, those cruel types will buy cheap ones.
We get them here trying to lure off lead dogs into vehicles. Even stealing pets from gardens
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 06:13 PM

Some breeders do refuse to sell to certain people if they don't like the sound of them (not all obviously, some are purely in it for the money).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some selling sites advise putting a good price on puppies and kittens because of the nasty people who buy them to train fighting and baiting dogs, those cruel types will buy cheap ones.
We get them here trying to lure off lead dogs into vehicles. Even stealing pets from gardens
I used to live in Barbados where dog fighting ( although illegal ) is rife .They use poor dogs stolen or acquired as baits .

I am sorry to hear that there is dog fighting in the U.K.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Here in London you don't need to get a cat, if you think they're alright, and they think you're alright, they just come in and make themselves at home.

They like some decent leftovers, none of that boughten cat merde.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Here in London you don't need to get a cat, if you think they're alright, and they think you're alright, they just come in and make themselves at home.

They like some decent leftovers, none of that boughten cat merde.
If a cat doesn't like where it lives, it will look for another home. They don't put up with neglect or cruelty or the wrong food. Several people I know, including my own daughter have got cats like that who are looking to re-home themselves. Mostly they know where those cats came from too. The original owners agreed to let them go. You can't keep a cat that doesn't want to stay.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 06:23 PM

I bought my moggy tortoiseshell cat, Cassie, for £20 in 1996 - she must have been happy with her home as she stayed for 20 years.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
If a cat doesn't like where it lives, it will look for another home. They don't put up with neglect or cruelty or the wrong food. Several people I know, including my own daughter have got cats like that who are looking to re-home themselves. Mostly they know where those cats came from too. The original owners agreed to let them go. You can't keep a cat that doesn't want to stay.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I bought my moggy tortoiseshell cat, Cassie, for £20 in 1996 - she must have been happy with her home as she stayed for 20 years.
She was very happy, Mags.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2019, 06:40 PM

When my son s were younger they shared a house .
Visiting them one day I found a stunning Siamese cat asleep on their sofa .
They said it wasn’t theirs and they didn’t feed it .
They had found out who it belonged too ( it had a collar) and had taken it back
a couple of times . However the cat kept coming back every day .
It went home to eat.
I have to say I felt a bit sorry for the owner whose faithless cat preferred to ornament someone else’s sofa !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top