Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Re: 'africa'

My trusty old Dyson hoovered up more than a few insects, and other things Pats but when on safaris the insects were not really a problem. The majority of safari lodges or camps have a huge bright light set well away from the lodge so the majority of flying insects head for that and the baboons make short work of others.

Yes we have seen many Cheetahs in many different locations. The one in this photo was sat on the bonnet of our vehicle, she had babies and was trying to encourage them to climb up the wheels. I was fine with this but I was hoping she didn't want to jump on the roof, we didn't have one and I didn't really fancy having her land on my lap !

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Re: 'africa'

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
My trusty old Dyson hoovered up more than a few insects, and other things Pats but when on safaris the insects were not really a problem. The majority of safari lodges or camps have a huge bright light set well away from the lodge so the majority of flying insects head for that and the baboons make short work of others.

Yes we have seen many Cheetahs in many different locations. The one in this photo was sat on the bonnet of our vehicle, she had babies and was trying to encourage them to climb up the wheels. I was fine with this but I was hoping she didn't want to jump on the roof, we didn't have one and I didn't really fancy having her land on my lap !

WOW Loretta - So thrilled to see this picture - lucky you... Makes me so happy to just see them, very interesting about the insects - I wondered how visitors coped. The little lizards were funny last night so in need of an insect - willing to chance the wrath of a lion or two.....
Thanks again - just lovely...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top