Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 10:48 PM

"Hayley" is leaving Coronation Street

It has been reported today that Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) will be leaving the show at the end of this year.

I'll miss Hayley, her and Roy made a good comedy partnership. I wonder what the storyline will be leading up to her departure....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20990798
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Re: "Hayley" is leaving Coronation Street

Thats a shame, she is a big part of Corrie and will be missed....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 06:10 AM

I think the storyline will be that Roy has a fling with Gail and so Hayley leaves him to become a missionary in Africa !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I think the storyline will be that Roy has a fling with Gail and so Hayley leaves him to become a missionary in Africa !
you may be right, Alan ...Gail does appear very desperate at the moment!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 05:34 PM

It's a shame she's leaving but she hasn't been in it much lately, didn't she have a baby a few years back in real life? Maybe she wants to do other things.
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

17-01-2013, 11:52 AM

I read that she is pregnant again and this could be a huge reason to leave? I agree that she hasn't been in Corrie much recently and also agree that she and "Roy" have been delightful together.
I also read that she may develop cancer in the programme and be written out that way.(I probably read too much?!)
Is it my imagination or is Mary setting her sights on Roy?!!
Will Norris be pleased and relieved?!!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 07:27 PM

I wonder if anything will happen between Roy and Mary? One would be inclined to say it is preposterous to say such a thing but then again you would have thought the same about Roy and Hayley.

I do like Mary's humorous lines, it's the way she tells 'em!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Well Hayley is trying to get Roy back playing chess with Mary again so maybe this might just be the Corrie writers start of a slow build up of a relationship between the two of them.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well Hayley is trying to get Roy back playing chess with Mary again so maybe this might just be the Corrie writers start of a slow build up of a relationship between the two of them.
If that does happen Mags it won't be true to their characters as Roy has always had eyes only for Hayley. They shouldn't make rediculous storylines just because someone is leaving the show! That situation just wouldn't happen.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
If that does happen Mags it won't be true to their characters as Roy has always had eyes only for Hayley. They shouldn't make rediculous storylines just because someone is leaving the show! That situation just wouldn't happen.
Yes, maybe you're right Allison

I've just read what the soap bosses are considering but won't post it on here to spoil it for anyone.

However, the article did say that Julie Hesmondhalgh has quit the soap after 15 years to pursue other projects, but admits it wasn't an easy choice to make.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top