Join for free
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 04:04 PM

2013 model sailboat regatta

Jammed up on a turn..

Rob's boat is yellow,

Rob sailing his boat

They have small bouys anchored in the pond, the boats sail between a set to be on course. touching a bouy is disqualifing...rules are the same as the real sail boats race by. The boats are about 5 or 6 feet tall, from keel to top of mast.

MY father's brothers built real boats..wooden speed boats for a bussiness. My father worked on a great lakes ship for 3 seasons. My mother's father worked for 10 years on great lakes freighters...sail powered ones, he quit when steam power came, afraid to sail on them...many of the early ones did explode! Ships and building them are family pursuits.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 07:17 PM

Re: 2013 model sailboat regatta

Very nice, I like the reflections.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Re: 2013 model sailboat regatta

The lake from my swan posting has a dedicated group that sails model boats, they have to compete with all the birds especially when the locals turn up with some food. Not much sailing room left.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top