Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 06:27 PM

10 km walk today

Today with my Finnish friend and her little dog, the 2 German friends who are staying with us, and little ChoCho, we set off this morning to look for Flamingos, the Germans really wanted to see some. We drove to El Majon, left the car outside another friend's house and set off walking along the beach. First disaster to me, I stepped on some seaweed which was obviously floating on top of a "puddle" in the sand, down went my foot and came up full of smelly water, sand and seaweed, ugh. Second disaster, the normal route was closed due to breeding birds, so we had to walk much further and take another route. It was very hot but we had water with us for the dogs, and for us. It was a bit too much for little ChoCho at times so Katrin carried her at times until she was rested again.

We watched the Patrulla Aguila (Spanish version of the Red Arrows) practicing, the photos are rubbish but by the time the camera had focussed on them they had zoomed away !

We did see lots of Flamingos, fortunately, so everyone was happy. We ended up walking through the Salinas and coming into San Pedro, then we had to walk all the way back to El Majon so we went to have something to eat there. The usual nice place we go was closed but there was a new place next door which was open. We got a surprise there though, the new owners of this place are American, we were not expecting that, but they were very nice indeed and the food was good. We then went on to Torre del Horadado for ice cream by the marina, then home, stopping at a garden centre for Peter and Katrin to buy decorated plant pots to take home to Germany.

My Finnish friend with Busen and ChoCho

Katrin with ChoCho

A tired ChoCho

Heading to San Pedro

Flying Flamingos

Flamingos

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 06:32 PM

Re: 10 km walk today

Looks beautiful Loretta I bet ChoCho enjoyed it.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 06:33 PM

nice pics,thanks
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 06:57 PM

Thank you Meg and doctor. It was a lovely walk but it was very hot indeed and we hadn't intended going so far because of the dogs, but we didn't know the normal route would be closed, there was no shade to walk in. Little ChoCho was more than happy to be carried at times on the route.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 06:58 PM

Quite an eventful day Loretta Little ChoCho had the right idea .... 10km is much too far for her little legs to walk
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Great photos Loretta ... and the walk sounds lovely
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

16-05-2016, 07:35 PM

Thank you Mags and Myrtle. It was a long way for my little legs too
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 11:20 PM

You'll sleep well tonight Clumsy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

We watched the Patrulla Aguila (Spanish version of the Red Arrows) practicing, the photos are rubbish but by the time the camera had focussed on them they had zoomed away !
I know the feeling, when I was in Katherine five RAAF fighter jets screamed over in a loose formation (I assume they were RAAF unless we have been invaded and someone forgot to tell us). I tried to take a quick pic and ended up with two of them as dots in the distance

10ks is pretty brave.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	160503 041 Katherine.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1033  
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 03:32 AM

Nice to see your photos it adds to the story, there is a place in Spain ive always fancied visiting Coto Donana. Famous for its wetlands and birdlife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top