Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 10:11 PM

"Spike" can't pay we'll take it away

Just watched this, when did Bailiffs become High Court Enforcement Officers?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Re: "Spike" can't pay we'll take it away

Like traffic wardens are not so called anymore. They are Parking Enforcement Officers.

And what's a Waste Management and Disposal Technician? Just a good ole bin man/refuse collector.

It's all change. Job titles become ridiculous and fancy. Looks good on the CV I suppose.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 08:47 AM

Maybe, it's cos so many folks go on Quiz shows nowadays, if you had to state your occupation as "Bailiff" or "Traffic Warden" you would get booed off, before you started.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Like traffic wardens are not so called anymore. They are Parking Enforcement Officers.

And what's a Waste Management and Disposal Technician? Just a good ole bin man/refuse collector.

It's all change. Job titles become ridiculous and fancy. Looks good on the CV I suppose.

I agree with you Jazzi.

Once upon a time you would know what someone did by their job title, but you don't any more.
As Spitty says about the Quiz shows, when someone says their job title, the host nearly always asks "what's that?"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 09:11 AM

Mainly because they aren't bailiffs, the people on the show have that title because that's what they are, bailiffs deal with cases not coming from high court. You can refuse entry to bailiffs but high court officers can affect entry even if you say no.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Mainly because they aren't bailiffs, the people on the show have that title because that's what they are, bailiffs deal with cases not coming from high court. You can refuse entry to bailiffs but high court officers can affect entry even if you say no.
Blimey, in all the years I've been watching this show, I never took on board the difference. Thanks, Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Blimey, in all the years I've been watching this show, I never took on board the difference. Thanks, Julie.
I only know because I've had to hide on various occasions in my early years you quickly learn who will burst in and who you can hide from. Looking back not something a 4 year old should know
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-11-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I only know because I've had to hide on various occasions in my early years you quickly learn who will burst in and who you can hide from. Looking back not something a 4 year old should know
. I do remember Mum hiding from somebody once but it was never anything nasty like a bailiff. More like somebody from either a one man loan club, or from insurance who wanted their weekly payment, or whatever. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have to hide from people in authority.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-11-2017, 09:56 AM

. I do remember Mum hiding from somebody once but it was never anything nasty like a bailiff. More like somebody from either a one man loan club, or from insurance who wanted their weekly payment, or whatever. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have to hide from people in authority.
It's not nice jazzi, especially when you are small I think, it was pretty scary for a small child, and knowing they can take anything you own just horrible. I have to say though on occasions when they did enter mostly they were lovely to me, they really tried to protect the kids in the situations.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just watched this, when did Bailiffs become High Court Enforcement Officers?
I wondered that spitty. Thugs with a licence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top