Join for free
Page 13 of 58 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:08 PM

Re: Seeing the International Space Station

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mups

Tomorrow at 11:20 it is at 87 deg so face South, look straight up and then tilt your head to the right. If the moon is visible, you should be able to see it pass in front. It should go straight over your head.

Thank you honey, but now I'm even more confused, because it says on that long list that tomorrow at 11.19 it is either West or East?
I am still trying to fathom out if it will be West or East, and now you tell me to look South?
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:15 PM

Mups if you face South, the Space Station will pass across the sky from West to East, that is it will cross from your right side to your left side, as the angle is high it will do this almost overhead. So face South and watch the bright white light go from the West to the East.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Thank you both of you, I will hope for a clear sky and look again tomorrow night. Sorry to seem to thick.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:32 PM

An extra special sighting tonight as the sky was clear bar the odd small cloud. Dead on time the ISS appeared overhead with continuing flashes of lightening lighting up the sky and making it look like something out of a space film
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-05-2018, 11:37 PM

YEY, I SAW IT AT LAST!.

I thought it was asn aeroplane at first, but the time was just right and it went from West to East like you said.

Then an aeroplane passed by the other way and I could see the difference, with the plane having a flashing light underneath and not as bright either.

Thank you Dongles and DW.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
YEY, I SAW IT AT LAST!.

I thought it was asn aeroplane at first, but the time was just right and it went from West to East like you said.

Then an aeroplane passed by the other way and I could see the difference, with the plane having a flashing light underneath and not as bright either.

I’m so pleased you’ve seen it at last Mups 👏

I saw the plane passing in the opposite direction too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-05-2018, 11:51 PM

Thanks Mags.
I am going to try again tomorrow night now, too.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
YEY, I SAW IT AT LAST!.

That is excellent another one crossed off the list!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 07:31 AM

I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen it now. Feel a serious grump coming on! Will have to take evasive action - going in search of tea and toast!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen it now. Feel a serious grump coming on! Will have to take evasive action - going in search of tea and toast!!
Ahhh ST

I only saw it the first time a year

Once you do see it and you know what it is you are looking for, its easy to spot on the days and times its visible to the naked eye

I used to think a great big satellite was it

Im sure Colin will keep posting the dates on here

Page 13 of 58 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top