Join for free
Page 5 of 58 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:24 AM

Re: Seeing the International Space Station

Sky here has been too overcast this week - rain rain and more rain

When it is clear, having no light pollution means we get brilliant night skies and I've been fortunate enough to see the Northern Lights on more then one occasion. Last time was in January
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Sky here has been too overcast this week - rain rain and more rain

When it is clear, having no light pollution means we get brilliant night skies and I've been fortunate enough to see the Northern Lights on more then one occasion. Last time was in January
Well that Trumps the Space Station I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights and could probably see them in Northumberland if I could get my arse out of bed at 3am
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Well that Trumps the Space Station I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights and could probably see them in Northumberland if I could get my arse out of bed at 3am
I still get a thrill seeing the space station and I love pointing it out to others ( handy when it's coming over at pub time )

The northern lights I've seen on my way home from work once, that was January. Most times I've seen them before going to bed. It helps that all my windows are velux so on a clear night I can just look out. Think the best display I caught was for three nights one summer around 1am Even woke DH to see them
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->

It is manned by between 3 and 6 Astronauts at one time apparently

Times for tonight are....

10pm for about 5 minutes

11:35pm for about 6 minutes

1:12am for about 6 minutes

Good Luck with weather!
Thank you, DWebb, will remember to go and look.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 05:57 PM

I would love to see the Northern lights (It's on my bucket list). I was first inspired by the song 'Northern Lights' by Renaissance.

Flying back from Norway once, on take off, we were told if we looked out to the left, we would see them. We were on the right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would love to see the Northern lights (It's on my bucket list). I was first inspired by the song 'Northern Lights' by Renaissance.

Flying back from Norway once, on take off, we were told if we looked out to the left, we would see them. We were on the right.

Me too dongles, can I come with you?

Best I can do at the mo, my friend sent me this picture when she lived right up on the west coast of Scotland.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Best I can do at the mo, my friend sent me this picture when she lived right up on the west coast of Scotland.
Wow! That is amazing. Yes you can come with me Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Wow! That is amazing. Yes you can come with me Mups.

OK, now don't you forget and go without me will you.

It is a smashing picture isn't it.
She lived a long way up, about 80 miles up above Inverness but nearer the coast. A place called Laide.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

What a lovely picture of the Northern Lights, Mups.

Something I would like to see too, but doubt I ever will
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:28 PM

I'll be watching out again tonight for my third sighting of the ISS

Page 5 of 58 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top