Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:07 PM

Tummy Bug

Afternoon All, spent most of this morning in bed with a nasty tummy bug, no idea where I got it from, not been anywhere & don't think I've eaten anything different either. I do suffer periodically from this, but usually if I've eaten something I know I shouldn't.
I was so crook, Daughter even came to help me. She is lovely.
She brought Ibuprofen which helped the pain anyway. I hate that & three times nearly fainted this morning, but made it to the bed each time, with her help, so much for social distancing but I needed her.
I feel better now.
All I've eaten today are a few bread sticks to try & stop my growling tummy, but it hasn't stopped the growling. I know if I eat it will come back tomorrow, so I must stay strong.

Does anyone else get this? I usually just get the horrible waves of pain & the diarrhea, plus the faintness, very rarely sickness with it & not this time.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:11 PM

Re: Tummy Bug

Tell you what Tiffany we got a text from Surgery to say if we have anything wrong apart fron the *Virus * contact the surgery .
Don"t want to be a worry wart but you don"t feel better in a day or two ,get on the phone . You know it makes sense .x
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:13 PM

Hi

Yes, your symptoms are not unusual.

Loads of it about at the moment.

Be positive, think of the weight loss.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Tell you what Tiffany we got a text from Surgery to say if we have anything wrong apart fron the *Virus * contact the surgery .
Don"t want to be a worry wart but you don"t feel better in a day or two ,get on the phone . You know it makes sense .x
Thanks for your reply, Apricot.
Daughter said the same thing, but I have had it before & it usually goes on it's own after 24/48 hours, depending on how much or little I eat.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-05-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, your symptoms are not unusual.

Loads of it about at the moment.

Be positive, think of the weight loss.
Thanks Swimmy, not sure if I'll lose weight, but I am drinking lots of water, so I should pee a lot.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:16 PM

Tiffany, I am sorry to read you’re not so well.
I haven't had a tummy bug for years but when l did, all l wanted, was fizzy lemonade.

I think the advice really, is to starve yourself for 24 hours and sip water.

I hope it passes soon as it takes all the goodness out of you and makes you feel weak.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:18 PM

I hope you'll feel better soon Tiff, not very nice feeling nauseous and faint at the same time
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-05-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, I am sorry to read you’re not so well.
I haven't had a tummy bug for years but when l did, all l wanted, was fizzy lemonade.

I think the advice really, is to starve yourself for 24 hours and sip water.

I hope it passes soon as it takes all the goodness out of you and makes you feel weak.
Thanks Artangel, it sure does make you weak. I am drinking a lot of water.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-05-2020, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope you'll feel better soon Tiff, not very nice feeling nauseous and faint at the same time
Only has the fainting with it, Mags, luckily no sickness this time anyway. Thanks for your post.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:28 PM

Hope you are feeling better Tiffany last time I had a tummy bug was when I caught Norovirus at Christmas 3 years ago and spent a night on the bathroom floor wrapped in a duvet to weak to go back to bed <<shudders>>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top