Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 07:49 PM

Re: Tummy Bug

Get well soon Tiff. Make sure you drink water. Imodium is quite good for the trots but if I were you I'd ring the docs for advice. xxx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Tiff, you say you get this from time to time, but is your doctor aware of this, and has it been diagnosed properly?

These tummy things can be so many things, from a simple tummy upset from something you've eaten, to all sorts of other things.

I'm afraid I don't agree with Swim saying ' think of the weight loss' as this is not just a one-off from what you say - that is the difference. You shouldn't keep on getting a tummy bug!

Not sure Ibuprofen is the best thing either, as that alone aggravates some people's tummy's, same as Aspirin can, unless you take something like Omoprazole too.

I had tummy problems a while back, and the hospital told me not to take Ibuprofen or Aspirin , but unless you get a diagnosis you don't know if you are doing the right thing or aggravating it more.

I do agree with what Art said though, and no food for 24 hrs, but stay hydrated with plenty of water to flush everything though.

Hope you soon feel on the mend. (from 2 metres).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 09:32 PM

I think some of the food on sale at the moment isn't as fresh or hygienic as it once was. Make sure you rinse meat and veg really well. Hope you feel better soon. Arrowroot made into a sticky porridge is a good cure.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 09:33 PM

Sounds nasty, Tiffany, I hope you feel better soon.
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 09:50 PM

Get well very soon Tiffany
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hope you are feeling better Tiffany last time I had a tummy bug was when I caught Norovirus at Christmas 3 years ago and spent a night on the bathroom floor wrapped in a duvet to weak to go back to bed <<shudders>>
Thanks for your reply Meg. I too have been like that, not this time, this time it was milder & having it during the day rather than at night/early a.m. it wasn't so bad.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Get well soon Tiff. Make sure you drink water. Imodium is quite good for the trots but if I were you I'd ring the docs for advice. xxx
Thank you LQ, yes plenty of water, though my tummy is still saying it's empty. I do take Imodium & that usually fixes it, but this time I let it be as I wasn't going anywhere.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-05-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tiff, you say you get this from time to time, but is your doctor aware of this, and has it been diagnosed properly?

These tummy things can be so many things, from a simple tummy upset from something you've eaten, to all sorts of other things.

I'm afraid I don't agree with Swim saying ' think of the weight loss' as this is not just a one-off from what you say - that is the difference. You shouldn't keep on getting a tummy bug!

Not sure Ibuprofen is the best thing either, as that alone aggravates some people's tummy's, same as Aspirin can, unless you take something like Omoprazole too.

I had tummy problems a while back, and the hospital told me not to take Ibuprofen or Aspirin , but unless you get a diagnosis you don't know if you are doing the right thing or aggravating it more.

I do agree with what Art said though, and no food for 24 hrs, but stay hydrated with plenty of water to flush everything though.

Hope you soon feel on the mend. (from 2 metres).
I have never been to the Doc about it, as it seems to be something that goes around from time to time, not had it for a long time either, though how I got it this time I have no idea.
Yes water & no food. Thank you for answering my thread.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-05-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think some of the food on sale at the moment isn't as fresh or hygienic as it once was. Make sure you rinse meat and veg really well. Hope you feel better soon. Arrowroot made into a sticky porridge is a good cure.
I do feel OK now, will see what happens tomorrow. Thank you Annie.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds nasty, Tiffany, I hope you feel better soon.
Many thanks, ST.

Originally Posted by AliceWonderland ->
Get well very soon Tiffany
Many thanks Alice.

A huge thank you to you all, will let you now how I feel tomorrow.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Tiffany - how are you today?

Given that we are in lock down and, therefore, not going anywhere - I would not take patent medicines at all. Working on the 'better out then in' principle I would let it run it's course and go. Stay hydrated - when it it eases off try a little plain boiled rice with plain yoghurt, If it lasts more than 24 to 36 hours seek medical advice.

Annie - re washing meat etc., - the NHS and FSA both say don't!

Washing raw chicken and/or meat before cooking it can increase your risk of food poisoning from campylobacter bacteria. Splashing water from washing chicken under a tap can spread the bacteria onto hands, work surfaces, clothing and cooking equipment. ... Only a few campylobacter cells are needed to cause food poisoning.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top