Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 02:33 PM

Coronavirus: Should you wear plastic gloves when you go outside?

The protocols for wearing face masks/coverings are gradually becoming established but when should you wear plastic gloves ..... ?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/coron...side-12476908/

‘For the general public, plastic gloves are not recommended as a way of protecting against Covid-19. Hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene are always prioritised over wearing plastic gloves or face masks,’ says Dr Diana Gall from Doctor-4-U.

‘This type of protective wear is only useful in clinical settings where healthcare professionals are in direct contact with bodily fluids and the virus throughout the day. ‘In a clinical setting, plastic gloves are thrown away after caring for each patient. However, this same strict protocol is not carried out by the general public and so there are risks with wearing plastic gloves while out and about in a public setting.

‘Firstly, wearing plastic gloves may give you a false sense of protection and lead to neglecting hand hygiene. ‘ Dr Gall explains that you should think of the gloves as your skin – in other words, if you touch several surfaces and you have the gloves on and then touch your face, you can still transfer coronavirus. In fact, it could potentially be riskier than simply practising good hand hygiene.

She adds: ‘If you’re wearing the same pair of gloves for the entire day, going to various shops, touching different surfaces, then you’re putting yourself at more risk of picking up a virus and transferring it to yourself or others.’

So, you’d need to swap out gloves as soon as you touch another surface, which could become very wasteful, costly and still carries a big risk. If you’re thinking of washing your hands with the gloves on, don’t.'
The answer seems to be only for a one-time risk, e.g. at petrol pumps .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 02:56 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Should you wear plastic gloves when you go outside?

Ofgs! Wear gloves, don't wear gloves, don't wear masks, wear masks, stay in, don't stay in!
There's something odd going on people!
What is being covered up that we should know about?
Is this a pandemic or a way of re-setting the environment or a culling of the weak and frail that are costing too much?
Why are they repeating Covid 19 and Corona Virus every other word on the media.

It's all very suspicious
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ofgs! Wear gloves, don't wear gloves, don't wear masks, wear masks, stay in, don't stay in!
Is this a pandemic or a way of re-setting the environment or a culling of the weak and frail that are costing too much?

It's all very suspicious
Good point. Controlled.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 03:09 PM

I don't wear gloves made of rubber or plastic (too flimsy in any case) when shopping at Tesco because they provide hand and trolley sanitiser. At M&S, however, I do wear nitrile rubber gloves every time I push one of their trolleys because they don't. In any case, as soon as we return home, we wash our hands with antibacterial hand wash under very hot water.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

It's all very suspicious
I agree. there's no way this virus suddenly appeared in a bat or snake then suddenly killed off a proportion of the World's population. I am convinced this was manufactured by some short yellow people and has got out of control.

I don't think it really matters if we wear gloves or not, if you are going to get it, you will get it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. there's no way this virus suddenly appeared in a bat or snake then suddenly killed off a proportion of the World's population. I am convinced this was manufactured by some short yellow people and has got out of control.

I don't think it really matters if we wear gloves or not, if you are going to get it, you will get it.

I agree, and have said the same since the start.

There is much information being kept from us.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, and have said the same since the start.

There is much information being kept from us.
When you say that to others they are dismissive, think you are paranoid even. Is it any wonder!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

If you want to start a pandemic I don't think you'd do it in your own country, you'd do it somewhere else to make them take the blame. Then release it in pockets around the World. Pretend you have it in your own country or if you were really ruthless, kill some of your own population.
Meanwhile whilst the World is busy you'd sneak into their countries by the back door.

That's one of my theories!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-05-2020, 06:42 PM

I've never understood why if you're in your car, you're isolated better than most other places, yet we were told not to drive unless essential. It was said that this was in case your car broke down, my old one did once in 10 years, flat battery, one minor accident, nothing else.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 07:16 PM

IMO, some posters must be paranoid if, when they see "Coronavirus", they ignore the sub-topic title, in this case "Should you wear plastic gloves when you go outside?", to go off on their tangents of unsubstantiated world contamination conspiracy theory .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top