Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:11 PM

Re: Pets or Humans?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple question.

Which is more important?

We are in lockdown, Hospital Cancer Appointments cancelled.

A lack of PPE and Social Distancing in Hospitals.

Our Vets are still open.

Where is the logic in that?

They are using PPE and spreading the infection

Denying our Nurses and Doctors the protection they need

Shut the Vets down and open the Dentists and Outpatients.

Got a problem with your dentures Swimmy?

You do talk a load of poppycock. Really you do. Why do you keep winding people up?

You have no idea have you. Pets are important too. They are part of the family. They bring happiness and joy to all sorts of people. People rely on their beloved pets for companionship.

It's all well documented in the real world how they help people overcome things in their lives. There are even guide dogs for the blind, the deaf and the disabled. Without them their owners would be isolated. Read up on it if you haven't heard about it.

Yet you would deny them the rights to take their sick pets to the vets. Because in your world the vets should be closed. They are unimportant in other words.

Become human and get yourself a pet.

PS Farmers need vets too. Meat, dairy.... whatever. Would you see their livelihoods suffer too because the vets are closed?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Our vets is only open for emergencies, not routine appointments. I would not deny any animal emergency treatment. As for spreading the virus, I am more concerned about all the Eastern Europeans turning up.
It''s far less widespread in Eastern Europe. They haven't worked out why yet. They are more at risk coming here.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:48 PM

They left Vets open because this is a country of animal lovers. People in lockdown with a seriously ill animal would have major anxiety and that was recognised. At a vets you can drop the animal off and pick it up with minimal contact. You can pay online. The vet and owner need not be at risk at all during this. But vets would need ppe to prevent infecting themselves and the animals.

I was very worried about pet illness at the start of lockdown.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It''s far less widespread in Eastern Europe. They haven't worked out why yet. They are more at risk coming here.

Yet they still arrive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:07 PM

They left Vets open because this is a country of animal lovers. People in lockdown with a seriously ill animal would have major anxiety and that was recognised. At a vets you can drop the animal off and pick it up with minimal contact. You can pay online. The vet and owner need not be at risk at all during this. But vets would need ppe to prevent infecting themselves and the animals.

Me too. Luckily the animals appear to be largely unaffected with just a few cases.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:28 PM

This is quite true Annie.

Like I said, the OP doesn't even use a vet, and obviously has no idea how they are working during this crisis.
I even paid the surgery next day over the phone.

As for suggesting closing vets and opening dentists - The only way the dentists would be safe is if they did what the vets are doing and have people drop their dentures off at the door and collect them later.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:32 PM

The chance of passing corona virus by pet is practically impossible .
Animals have been found to have it but it cause minimum symptoms and there is no proof that it can cross transmit .

I suppose a pet owner with CV might pass it on to the vet but it’s an unlikely scenario.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-05-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This is quite true Annie.

Like I said, the OP doesn't even use a vet, and obviously has no idea how they are working during this crisis.
I even paid the surgery next day over the phone.

As for suggesting closing vets and opening dentists - The only way the dentists would be safe is if they did what the vets are doing and have people drop their dentures off at the door and collect them later.
If this goes on much longer, I will be able to do that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The chance of passing corona virus by pet is practically impossible .
Animals have been found to have it but it cause minimum symptoms and there is no proof that it can cross transmit .

I suppose a pet owner with CV might pass it on to the vet but it’s an unlikely scenario.

Yes, I agree it is unlikely Muddy, especially as we are not even allowed in the surgery at the mo.
I'm afraid Swim hasn't got the foggiest how these vets are workiing hard to keep everyone safe.

I may be wrong here, but didn't they say a cat and a couple of dogs had the virus on their fur, and it was suspected that was because someone with the virus had stroked them.
I remember this because it was suggested we don't let strangers fuss our dogs at the mo, and advised us not to fondle other people's pets either.

The animals that seemed to have it had no symptoms whatsoever, and it did not affect their health in any way.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:54 PM

I find it amazing that someone has found CV on an animals fur yet it’s almost impossible to get a test done on humans unless you are a front line worker .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top