Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:16 PM

Re: It's official, Big Ben will chime on 31st January

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
True cost is somewhere in the region of £125k according to the Daily Fail on line.
I think that sounds more realistic.

Actually, the chiming of Big Ben on 31st January is irrelevant. The important thing is that we shall be leaving the EU officially on that date.
With or without accompaniment by the bell, there is to be a Brexit party outside the Palace of Westminster and the true author of Brexit, Nigel Farage, is to be in attendance.
I have a distinct feeling that there will be a small contingent of remainiacs adding their sad whingeing noises to jolly along the festivities!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Like: the date of leaving should be set in british law.
You know of course that in reality international EU law determines when you are allowed to leave.
That'll give us time to renovate every clock in the land.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Actually, the chiming of Big Ben on 31st January is irrelevant. The important thing is that we shall be leaving the EU officially on that date.
With or without accompaniment by the bell, there is to be a Brexit party outside the Palace of Westminster and the true author of Brexit, Nigel Farage, is to be in attendance.
I have a distinct feeling that there will be a small contingent of remainiacs adding their sad whingeing noises to jolly along the festivities!
It seems the best way to achieve boris' promise of uniting the country, don't you think?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yes, I'm planning a family party. We'll celebrate with recorded Bells, British Food (Fish & Chips, Haggis, Welsh Rarebit) and the grandchildren will be using their toy bows to fire red arrows over our heads.

Our Remainers will be bringing the Whine!

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:19 PM

Oh well it seems Boris is distancing himself from his earlier comments. It seems the crowdfunding monies cannot be accepted. Plus CofE churches refuse to chime bells. No doubt a remain conspiracy (well everything is).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:25 PM

Hi

Boris listening to wiser counsel, the need to unify the Country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That'll give us time to renovate every clock in the land.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-01-2020, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Yes, I'm planning a family party. We'll celebrate with recorded Bells, British Food (Fish & Chips, Haggis, Welsh Rarebit) and the grandchildren will be using their toy bows to fire red arrows over our heads.

Our Remainers will be bringing the Whine!

Brilliant!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:49 AM

If Beg Ben wasn't undergoing maintenance it would bong anyway at 11pm on 31st of January, I bet the remainers would have a very difficult job preventing the bongs from happening.

This is just another stupid stunt by the sore and bitter remainers to spoil a historic event from having the celebration it deserves.

I would suggest a massive firework display from the Tyne Bridge to give a clear message that :

1. The UK is not metropolitan London and it does not revolve around it.
2. The north is the Brexit heartlands
3. The north has united in the general election and labour supporters loaned Boris their vote to get Brexit done !

Something like that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:55 AM

Could someone explain why this £500,000 would make a difference. Are they saying that if they get more money they will work faster? Surely they should be working as fast as possible anyway? Or have I misunderstood something?

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top