Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:46 PM

Re: Britain’s Opioid Crisis BBC2 9 o clock Thursday

Did you watch the programme Annie?
You can still buy Solpadeine OTC and so there are probably quite a few people with chronic pain who use it and do become addicted .
See herehttps://www.priorygroup.com/blog/sol...-and-treatment
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:55 PM

Hi

It depends on your level of pain.

I need opiates from time to time, the pain is such that my leg goes into spasm, which is not a good thing, it rips the repairs apart.

The longest I have to take the extremely strong ones, which are for palliative care, is two days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Did you watch the programme Annie?
You can still buy Solpadeine OTC and so there are probably quite a few people with chronic pain who use it and do become addicted .
See herehttps://www.priorygroup.com/blog/sol...-and-treatment
Zuleika I just googled Solpadeine and it seems the level of codeine that's been approved in a combined OtC painkiller is 12.8mg. So I think 30mg must be only by prescription but I'd say no thanks if ever prescribed that level again. I was seeing pink elephants and feeling dizzy. I still have the packet with only two missing. It was a really bad experience at the time because I was in severe pain and then had a bad reaction to the level of opioid.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:22 PM

Oops just realised I was prescribed Solpadol rather than Solpadeine. That's why it's 30mg and prescription only.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top