Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Re: Tap water in the uk

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So why don't more people have wells? Is it super expensive to have one in your garden?
It's the 'rocks' Annie, you might have the wrong sort of rocks that aren't permeable? Hang on, I'll just google that to see if it's the right word....

Yes.....Permeable works Annie....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:54 PM

Is it true that well water is pure?
Look at my post #26. I am 82 years old.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:59 PM

It just seems as though "responsible" people are allowed to make decisions that affect everyone and nobody is there to say don't do this there are serious consequences... There is so much trust in our systems being perfect, but they aren't.
That's quite true Annie, we solve one problem and create another one.....That's why I don't believe in messing about with the climate, do we actually know what will happen if we prevent all the CO2 from forming perhaps creating an imbalance in the atmosphere. We think the human race knows everything when in actual fact we know nowt'....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-01-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
The way things are going scot, I might not live long enough to scroll that far back.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
On reflection we stayed in a rural setting
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:17 AM

It was only when I returned to the UK after many years absence that I discovered how undrinkable the water was.

A lot of places seem to have hard water and it tastes foul (not necessarily because it is hard) I remember my parents trying all sorts of tricks to stop the kettle furring up. Soap never seemed to lather up.

I really can only speak for water from Kent and Gloucestershire I vaguely remember Glasgow water was OK.

BTW some of the towns here who have had to rely on bore water in this drought have water bordering on undrinkable but the water where I live is soft and very palatable.

Personally I rarely drink water unless it has been diluted by tea, coffee or beer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's quite true Annie, we solve one problem and create another one.....That's why I don't believe in messing about with the climate, do we actually know what will happen if we prevent all the CO2 from forming perhaps creating an imbalance in the atmosphere. We think the human race knows everything when in actual fact we know nowt'....
We know what happens when we contaminate the water system. Chemical contamination of water can be extremely detrimental to a local natural environment for years. If we respect the planet it gives us everything we need to thrive. I just don't feel we are doing that these days because there are too many of us using finite resources and often wasting them. Water contamination is a big part of that. Our societies have become so artificial we have totally lost track of how our actions have consequences. We are totally self obsessed as a group.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 06:31 AM

What's the carcinogen and what's the concentration?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What's the carcinogen and what's the concentration?
Hi

The original article.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/drin...rnings-1366308

The UK drinking water quality regulations specify a standard for Total THMs of 100µg/l for the sum of the detected concentrations of four specified THMs (trichloromethane,
dichlorobromomethane, dibromochloromethane and tribromomethane).

Not all our drinking water exceeds these limits, mine is well below at 6
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Hi

Still no response from Artful about his Original Post.

A confirmation of his Scientific Knowledge would be appreciated.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top