Join for free
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Re: Does being a good human being matter to you?

There is no place for the death penalty in a civilised country but, as is often evident, the USA is not civilised in many ways.
I don't believe there is any such thing as a good person or an evil person for that matter. The words are just labels that society, under dogmatic influence, applies to various situations. It all goes arse about face when executions and war are considered.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Baldocks!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I'll probably get blasted, but I cannot be in favour of the death sentence for anyone.
Based on various reasons, one being if we would not be able to deliver the dreaded deed ourselves, why should we expect another to end a life . Those who can do must also be some sort of head case.

Another reason is when I was a young girl, I heard the bell toll at Walton prison for the last man in the country to be hanged. I can still hear that bell today, and it still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it........ like now !

Yes, they will have committed terrible crimes and destroyed families, but I feel that supporting a death penalty makes me as guilty as the perpetrator and the families of those criminals will also suffer terribly , through no fault of their own either.
Which ever way we see it, there is a life long sentence for everyone involved, but the death sentence let's the guilty off the hook .
Personally I would have no trouble pulling the switch on the likes of Ian Brady any day of the week .

As to their their families suffering ( how do you know they suffer ?) is nothing as to what the victims families suffer .
If you want to scrounge yourself with the death of some monster that is up to you .
It doesnt make you or anyone else a better person

I feel more sorry for the hundreds of innocent creatures we slaughtered everyday just to eat .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Dispatching another Human being should never be glorified, even if the populous deem it necessary.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:24 PM

what has happened is a sad reflection on the remainers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-10-2019, 10:25 PM

Whose glorifying it ?
It’s getting rid of evil a nasty job but their you are .
Does it make the squeamish better people knowing there are a load of heinous criminals festering away in jail for life .
Are the same going to wipe their backsides when these same become geriatric heinous criminals still in prison f
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-10-2019, 10:31 PM

The Human condition encompasses all sorts, unfortunately, that makes stuff difficult.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Whose glorifying it ?
It’s getting rid of evil a nasty job but their you are .
Does it make the squeamish better people knowing there are a load of heinous criminals festering away in jail for life .
Are the same going to wipe their backsides when these same become geriatric heinous criminals still in prison f
What if the jury gets it wrong and you pull the switch on the wrong person?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

What’s that’s supposed to mean ?
Because there are evil people in this world doesn’t nmean they have to be tolerated just because they are of the same species ,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What if the jury gets it wrong and you pull the switch on the wrong person?
Proven heinous crime .
You have proof that Brady didn’t torture and murder children ?

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top