Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Greta Thunberg - Time Person of the Year

More stupid nonsense from the bandwagon of climate change.

Here, Greta Thunberg gets nominated person of the year, over and above those in Hong Kong fighting for their freedom. Thanks Greta for bringing "the weather" to our attention.

She shouldn't be there !

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...rg-person-year
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg - Time Person of the Year

I wonder how many trees were sacrificed to produce that mag?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 06:03 PM

Oh how blinkered of the sheepeople who vote for this cr^p.

Why don't people get a life and realise that Thunberg, however much she "cares", is just a schoolgirl with no experience of life and what it entails. Fine, it's okay for teenagers to jump on her bandwagon but it's a phase, a trend and nothing more. She gets her five minutes and we'll move on to some other loon.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder how many trees were sacrificed to produce that mag?
A lot of paper is made from recycled waste.
The actual trees used are mostly fast growing soft woods planted for that purpose. I've dealt with paper making plants worldwide. One in Taiwan used sugar can waste. Bagasse I think it was called.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A lot of paper is made from recycled waste.
The actual trees used are mostly fast growing soft woods planted for that purpose. I've dealt with paper making plants worldwide. One in Taiwan used sugar can waste. Bagasse I think it was called.
My question was meant to be rhetorical and sarcastic. Ms. Thunberg is flogging the idea climate change yet doesn't see the irony of having her views published in papers and magazines.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 07:45 PM

My question was meant to be rhetorical and sarcastic. Ms. Thunberg is flogging the idea climate change yet doesn't see the irony of having her views published in papers and magazines.
There's the electricity required to run the press, the fuel used by staff getting to work etc.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 08:04 PM

I believe that she deserves a Nobel prize for the contribution she is making to getting the message across to those in denial.

Just what is that causes such criticism she is getting? Is it her age or is it here message or is it both?

The effects of the ever increasing polution of our environment is the root cause of the vastly accelerating global climate change.

What is so difficult in understanding that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I believe that she deserves a Nobel prize for the contribution she is making to getting the message across to those in denial.

Just what is that causes such criticism she is getting? Is it her age or is it here message or is it both?

The effects of the ever increasing polution of our environment is the root cause of the vastly accelerating global climate change.

What is so difficult in understanding that?
I think it's her arrogance.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 08:15 PM

My question was meant to be rhetorical and sarcastic.
Neither the rhetoric nor the sarcasm worked.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it's her arrogance.
There probably is a lot of truth in that

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top