Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:19 PM

Putin makes his move.

Hi

Here we go, no real surprise.

A reaction to Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51120166

Supported by China, India and Iran.

A change in the World Order, interesting times.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Re: Putin makes his move.

This clause was intriguing ....

Strengthening laws that prohibit presidential candidates who have held foreign citizenship or foreign residency permits

I never knew Russia had a declining birthrate.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Strengthening laws that prohibit presidential candidates who have held foreign citizenship or foreign residency permits

I never Russia had a declining birthrate.
Perhaps Mevdevev whatever his name is has breached those new
clauses Morti?
This creates a reason to demote him, as seems to have happened?
Putin has now removed his nearest rival without any bloodshed?
Yet!
Donkeyman!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 07:24 PM

It would appear that Putin is following the same course as Erdogan in Turkey - making himself sole leader of the country with no chance of him being removed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 07:45 PM

America's busy removing a president!
Russia's busy consolidating one!

Donkeyman!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I never knew Russia had a declining birthrate.
Abortions been free and the primary birth control in Russia for decades. There are almost a million per year. I remember being told that the avg. woman has as many as six in her lifetime. It is miracle my kids were born.

Dreary, small apartment living, poor job prospects, and shortages of food and other items for daily living are the primary reasons for the low birth rate.

I can see the reason for the law. Looking back, the best rulers Russia had - thinking of Catherine the Great here - were not born in the motherland.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 09:24 PM

I rate Putin very highly.

Thanks to Barack Hussein Putin is the best ally we never had.

According to the branch of my family back in Russia he's very popular with people at the grass roots. I can fully believe it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Abortions been free and the primary birth control in Russia for decades. There are almost a million per year. I remember being told that the avg. woman has as many as six in her lifetime. It is miracle my kids were born.

Dreary, small apartment living, poor job prospects, and shortages of food and other items for daily living are the primary reasons for the low birth rate.

I can see the reason for the law. Looking back, the best rulers Russia had - thinking of Catherine the Great here - were not born in the motherland.
You're describing the USSR. That disappeared decades ago. Today's Russia Federation is a VERY different place indeed.
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 09:52 PM

Opposition leader and leading Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny said he believed that any referendum on the constitutional changes would be "fraudulent crap". He said Mr Putin's goal was to be "sole leader for life"
I would have to agree to that. Putin is and always has been, power hungry. He's still a KGB man at heart, in my opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I rate Putin very highly.

Thanks to Barack Hussein Putin is the best ally we never had.

According to the branch of my family back in Russia he's very popular with people at the grass roots. I can fully believe it.
So was Stalin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top