Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 08:19 AM

2 year fixed interest at 6.5%

............and with 100% protection. Too good to be true? If they say 100% guaranteed and quote a fixed interest rate - that's got to be true hasn't it?
It's from London Capital & Finance plc and the above account is their 2 year growth and protect bond.
Very tempting............true or false???
https://www.londoncapitalandfinance....paign=2%20year
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:33 AM

Re: 2 year fixed interest at 6.5%

Hi Lindy not sure about them , the company seems to be very new and the assets minimal . If I had money to invest I would want someone a bit more 'established ' .

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...CE-PLC/summary

https://www.duedil.com/company/08140...plc/financials
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:58 AM

Lindy have you checked whether they are registered members of the
FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) ??

They are also a PLC Private Limited Company so check on line
to see the rules about that kind of company before you invest.

Looked on line for you and the average interest rate for a
2 year saving is about 2 to 3% at the most. So I would be
careful and as they say don't put all your eggs into one basket.

Good luck
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 11:10 AM

They've only got £8 in the cash box .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
They've only got £8 in the cash box .....
Omah I guess that is the petty cash for the office tea money .

Assets are listed as over a million (not much for an investment company though) .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Lindy have you checked whether they are registered members of the
FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) ??

They are also a PLC Private Limited Company so check on line
to see the rules about that kind of company before you invest.

Looked on line for you and the average interest rate for a
2 year saving is about 2 to 3% at the most. So I would be
careful and as they say don't put all your eggs into one basket.

Good luck
Well said
I am trying to find out a bit more about this company .
If it sounds too good to be true sometimes it isn't !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 11:48 AM

It does sound too good to be true-I would want to know where their funds are to generate such income.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Some pay more and monthly.

http://www.harewoodassociates.co.uk/...FSoEwwodYxsHyg
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Some pay more and monthly.

http://www.harewoodassociates.co.uk/...FSoEwwodYxsHyg
Harewood Associates Limited - Disclaimer

The content of this website, and any promotion it contains or refers to, has not been approved by an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Reliance on this promotion for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity may expose an individual to a significant risk of losing all of the property or other assets invested
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
............and with 100% protection. Too good to be true?
Some points.

Firstly, ignore the FCA. The FCA is just a lip service organisation that is part and parcel of the entire corrupt finance and stock market mechanisms in play today. Every day the FCA sits back whilst corrupt CEOs on the AIM markets run companies that should be declared bust. They sit back whilst people all over Facebook, Twitter and internet forums falsely promote stocks and shares to unsuspecting punters (i.e. you and me). This is a crime called Market Abuse, but the FCA sits back and does nothing. FCA accreditation is imo worthless.

Secondly note that the specific terms and conditions of these loans are not available (at least not easily) on the website you are viewing. There is presumably a reason for this.

In the Security section of the website it explains what that term means and it states:

"LC&F makes loans to Borrowing Companies and is reliant on these Borrowing Companies to repay the loans LC&F grants in order for LC&F to be able to make payments of principal and interest to Bond Holders. If a significant volume of loans fall into default, LC&F may not have sufficient funds to be able to pay principal and interest to Bond Holders within the timescales of the Bond"

https://www.londoncapitalandfinance.co.uk/security

The proposition here look to be (tho I may be wrong) to give your hard earned money to a middle man who will take your investment money and loan it out (at interest of course) to Borrowing Companies.
They will of course charge more interest to the Borrowing Companies then they will pay you out in interest.

Lots and lots of companies are run into the ground on a daily basis, some deliberately. When they dissolve, it comes down to the Ts&Cs as to whether you lose all your money. In some financial sectors the Gov't agrees to underwrite companies and pay out citizens (up to a point) if things go awry. If such a backing/underwriting does not exist, then you are at significant risk of losing everything if the company closes shop.

The finance markets overall are not on the up. These are not "golden years". The price of oil has been decimated. The price of minerals has been decimated. Lots and lots of companies have folded already under this pressure.

A final note. Understand that finance in general is corrupt and fraudulent. Banks lend out far more money than they actually have. Read that again. If the bank owns say £1 BILLION they will lend out maybe £10 BILLION. How can they do that? Well they shouldn't be allowed to as it is clearly fraud, but they have their own rules and they run the whole show, governments, countries etc. They worked out long ago that people don't come into the banks on a daily basis asking for all their money. So they decided to lend out more than they have on that basis. If everyone walked into the bank today (as happened some years ago with Northern Rock) then the Sh*t hits the fan because the money you think is in your bank account, doesn't actually exist. It is nothing more than a number on a computer screen held in a database. There are no actual pound notes or dollars sitting in a vault somewhere with your name written on them, equally there is no gold sitting in a vault underpinning YOUR money. It is vapourware nothing more.

This entire system hangs constantly on a knife edge. If a crisis occurs, and everyone rushes to the bank to withdraw their money, the banks will close quickly and people will realise that their money doesn't exist. This has happened throughout Europe in the past few years. Italy for example stopped people taking cash out of the country, limited greatly how much money people could withdraw from banks and restricted credit card usage.

With all this in mind you must ask yourself, will this company LC&F lend out more money in loans to Borrowing Companies, than it actually has cash for? If they do, then when things get sticky, you will probably lose your money.

This is all my own opinion and interpretation from what I have quickly read and does not constitute financial advice.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top