Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Re: Bank of Mum and Dad

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Strange to think how back in our grandparents generation it was the norm that their children 'looked after them in old age' ... as my own Uncle did. He never left home and took care of his mum till the day she died.

How times change.
The shoe is on the other foot and the world is full of full-size grown up kids still been weaned by mum and dad.
Will they ever bail out their own kids in future years to come?
Hi

They are not all the same.

When Mum left I was distraught, my son took a year out of Uni to look after me.

When he was working he earned a mint and was constantly getting me things.

Now is payback time.

I feel honoured to have him as my son.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 10:05 AM

I have four children. They do nothing for me. They come to me when they are 'broke'
I have told then straight The bank of Dad is closed.!!! Full stop!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 10:23 AM

I will help my children while I can .
They are my children .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 03:59 PM

I like to help my children out a bit financially. They don't ask for it, but I know it helps them and their family. I would not pauper myself, but if I have enough to live on, in the style in which I wish to live, then why should not any money I have be put to good use. It is no good to me when I am dead and if I live long enough they are not likely to need it when their children are grown and they are older.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 12:13 PM

We are fortunate that we are in a position to help our children out whenever it is necessary. We prefer to spend it on them than ourselves.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top