Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Nowhere
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 14,196
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 06:02 PM
21

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I keep saying we need a sarcasm emoticon Floydy. JBR agrees too.
This is the nearest one I think:

And for real sledgehammer insults, use this:
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is online now
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 6,992
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 06:36 PM
22

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. We are not unaccustomed to riots in this country, but I am of the firm belief that if Brexit is stopped by the anti-democrats the riots will exceed anything else seen before.
If they don't then they certainly should.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 27,022
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 07:03 PM
23

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sadly I agree with you and what is really worrying me at the moment is going forward if we do leave will the remainers actively work to make us as a country fail ? they seem to think they have the right to do anything they want at this point.
I doubt it.

We need to consider who the remoaners are.

Remoaner politicians - they can do little, certainly after the next GE.

Berko - he surely can't hang on for ever and, once we are out, he can only disrupt Parliament, which can't be any worse than it is right now.

Students - what can they do? Go on strike?

Trots and Commies - they can rant and rave, but not much else. That's all they do anyway.

Anti-Brexit businessmen - they can relocate what's left of their businesses in the UK to EU countries. I think they're mostly doing that right now anyway.

And lastly,
The Supreme Court - they can try to create new laws to benefit themselves, just as they did recently. Personally, I think they are likely to be disestablished once we have a proper government.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 27,022
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 07:05 PM
24

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I keep saying we need a sarcasm emoticon Floydy. JBR agrees too.
Yes, as a regular user of that highest form of humour, I would certainly make use of such a thing.

I think a problem I have is that some people are not sure when I'm being sarcastic or serious.

There is this one, of course:
Reply With Quote
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 15,567
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 08:41 PM
25

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, as a regular user of that highest form of humour, I would certainly make use of such a thing.

I think a problem I have is that some people are not sure when I'm being sarcastic or serious.

There is this one, of course:
I agree with you JB, I love sarcasm it's class, and I think I know the members that appreciate and use it.....but I sometimes get confused.......
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 27,022
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 11:09 PM
26

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with you JB, I love sarcasm it's class, and I think I know the members that appreciate and use it.....but I sometimes get confused.......
I find the ones who are most likely not to recognise sarcasm are the ones devoid of any humour!
Reply With Quote
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Nowhere
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 14,196
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 11:15 PM
27

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I find the ones who are most likely not to recognise sarcasm are the ones devoid of any humour!
They usually occupy these threads
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,565
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-10-2019, 11:34 PM
28

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You won't find this on the BBC News....

https://twitter.com/i/status/11789783480860

I don't know if everybody can see this on twitter so here's the gist....

I had so hoped you wouldn't see this. I hadn't brought it up because there are similarities with your brexit. See if you spot the similarities.

Our government initiated research into the relative contributions of several actors on air pollution in the form of nitrous gasses.
One of these actors turned out to be automobiles, and the maximum speed allowed. An election promise of our conservative party, which won on that promise, was that the maximum speed would increase from 120 km/h to 130 km/h. That was realised.
The research showed that on a highway through a nature reserve 130 km was allowed. Tumult ensued.
During that tumult someone said, look at those farmers! Their contribution, close to that nature reserve is significant. All farmers in the netherlands need to reduce the number of animals to 50% (cow, pjgs, chickens, no exceptions). Pandemonium ensued, and farmers on tractors took to parliament.

The minister responsible for agriculture came and promised: during my watch ( still 2 years to go) there will be no reduction by half. The victorious farmers returned home.

During the evening a clever journalist had found out that the present policy, initiated by the predecessor, is not to reduce the number of animals before 2024.

The farmers fought for something they already had. But public attention is deflected from the maximum speed. You see any parallel with brexit?
Reply With Quote
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 15,567
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-10-2019, 11:04 AM
29

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I had so hoped you wouldn't see this. I hadn't brought it up because there are similarities with your brexit. See if you spot the similarities.

Our government initiated research into the relative contributions of several actors on air pollution in the form of nitrous gasses.
One of these actors turned out to be automobiles, and the maximum speed allowed. An election promise of our conservative party, which won on that promise, was that the maximum speed would increase from 120 km/h to 130 km/h. That was realised.
The research showed that on a highway through a nature reserve 130 km was allowed. Tumult ensued.
During that tumult someone said, look at those farmers! Their contribution, close to that nature reserve is significant. All farmers in the netherlands need to reduce the number of animals to 50% (cow, pjgs, chickens, no exceptions). Pandemonium ensued, and farmers on tractors took to parliament.

The minister responsible for agriculture came and promised: during my watch ( still 2 years to go) there will be no reduction by half. The victorious farmers returned home.

During the evening a clever journalist had found out that the present policy, initiated by the predecessor, is not to reduce the number of animals before 2024.

The farmers fought for something they already had. But public attention is deflected from the maximum speed. You see any parallel with brexit?
Thanks for your reply Solasch, and there was no need to apologise on the other thread...

I think what happened in Holland is called a 'False Flag Event' where the attention of the public is drawn away, mainly by the media, from a controversial event that has been overshadowed by something quite different and less important. the original law or bill sails through parliament un-noticed until it's too late.

Do you think Brexit is only a distraction Solasch while something more unpleasant is been mooted? I can't think what could be more important than casting off the shackles of the EU though...
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.