Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 07:27 AM

Pigs

Yesterday I saw a video on FB of a poor pig staggering to slaughter such was his terror he couldn’t stop shaking .

One of the most terrible things we do is to slaughter pigs to eat.
Pigs the fifth most intelligent animal on the planet and we treat them in such a cruel way.
They understand they know they are going to die that is why they are in such distress .

And they are so like us but less dangerous we even use parts of their hearts .

I rarely eat pork now I shall never do so again .
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Re: Pigs

They have been breeding giant pigs in China to solve an acute shortage of pork after an outbreak of swine fever.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shortage.html
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:54 AM

...and all those that were suspected of having swine fever (more than one occasion in Asian countries) were buried alive. Dumped by diggers in mass graves, on top of each other with broken limbs. The squealing unbearable and extremely distressing.
On you tube videos if you care to watch. It stopped me eating any part of pig, or anything that contains pig by- products, and it makes no difference whether the pig is bred in this country, that country or any other country, their lives are hideous and cruel.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:58 AM

I'm glad to be a vegetarian when I hear things like this. Why people still eat meat puzzles me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yesterday I saw a video on FB of a poor pig staggering to slaughter such was his terror he couldn’t stop shaking .

One of the most terrible things we do is to slaughter pigs to eat.
Pigs the fifth most intelligent animal on the planet and we treat them in such a cruel way.
They understand they know they are going to die that is why they are in such distress .

And they are so like us but less dangerous we even use parts of their hearts .

I rarely eat pork now I shall never do so again .
This reminded me of something my son said to me a while back. He rang me very upset to tell me "oh Mum, I ve just seen some sheep going to slaughter in one of those big lorries they take them in, Mum I swear they looked sad" he was heartbroken bless him. My son has a good heart.

I don't eat pork in fact I could quite easily be a vegetarian. I do eat chicken breast but that bothers me lately so I think I will be vegetarian one day soon.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:32 PM

If you have time Earthlings

Not easy watching I have only watched a little

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:43 PM

That's why I have no problem with the human race dying out.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

09-10-2019, 03:45 PM

Actually even watching a little of this I am ashamed to be a human .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Actually even watching a little of this I am ashamed to be a human .
I know what you mean.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:07 PM

Pigs the fifth most intelligent animal on the planet
What are the other four?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top