Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 12:10 AM

Re: have you enjoyed your life?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That is so true.
I agree.
You never receive out of life more than you are prepared to put in!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Have I enjoyed my life?

For the greater part yes I have, but if I am honest with myself, I would have to admit there have been times when the struggle seemed too hard to overcome. I am persistent though and don't give in easily. I love Mrs Fox and always will, and we are now in our 47th year of marriage. A good love is worth fighting for, and I don't take the vows I made lightly, I believe they are for life, and because of that I would never make them again to another, that would make me a liar and a hypocrite.
The good times have far outweighed the bad times.

I've loved a life of competition. Not just with fellow athletes but with myself, and there have been very few occasions where I have failed to complete the course.
Even now in my later years I will not give in.

I am not complacent or smug about life though, I sometimes feel the pain of my loved ones and try to put their needs before my own, and I believe that there is more happiness in giving than receiving.

I had a happy childhood with loving, hard working parents who taught me the rights and wrongs as they saw it, and for that I am very grateful, I just wish they were still around for me to tell them how much I loved them....

Yep, all my life has led me here with you guys, and I'm lucky to still have my marbles, health and fitness, so I'll probably never be remembered by anybody, except my loved ones, or leave a mark on society, and I suppose I'll always be remembered as 'An Also Ran'.. But considering the bloke I am, and the place I was brought up and spent my life around, and the time I lived, I reckon I've done pretty well...
Couldn't have done it without Mum and Dad though.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 02:23 PM

I think I have had a good life, but from an early age I knew what I wanted & worked hard to get it.

Relationships don't always work out, but I am pleased to say that I have maintained respect for both my ex's & would still call them friends.

I am sure we all have health problems, but I always believe that it is how you deal with them that keeps you content.My oncologist still believes that my positive approach to cancer helped me survive.

If we had no "downs" in life, wouldn't we all just accept the "ups" as normal everyday things, so stop appreciating them?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Seen a lot of things, travelled the world, have a big family (all local), wouldn't change much.

But miss my wife very much!
Sorry about your wife...........
I, too, have travelled a bit. Mostly business. South Africa, Malaysian jungle, Taiwan, all over Canada, USA, Jamaica, Sahara Desert, to name but a few.......not exactly tourist destinations.

But you go where the work is.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Life's a gas ...

basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 03:52 PM

After the age of Six it was a not good up until I was about eleven then i learned to stand up to the bullies and bloodied a few noses then life got better then I discovered girls and life got even better and has been ever since

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top