Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 01:43 PM

Re: Npower shed 4.500 Jobs...

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well why is it Artful that I'm paying ten times the price for my energy that I did when it was nationalised, and most of it now comes free at point of generation.....Solar Panels, Wind Turbines and loads of other ingenious methods of creating summat from nowt'.. My time is precious, I don't want to be stuck on my computer every day finding the cheapest supplier of:- Energy, Internet Provider, Mobile Phone, House & car insurance, bank etc......It's definitely not going to plan is it? I think instead of giving money to the government, we've ended up lining the pockets of a load of shareholders, probably foreign at that!......I still think it's all Bollox!
We're all paying more because of monetary inflation. What you paid £1 for in 1990 (when UK electricity was privatised) would cost you £2.25 today. Electricity prices now are equivalent to just under £2. Add to that the introduction of vat as a result of membership of the EU and all in all privatisation has been very beneficial to the supply of electricity and most other things.

As for electricity from renewables, that does only amounts to a tad over a quarter of annual production and does certainly NOT come free.

The ROCE is not good in the least little bit and were in not for the huge government subsidy would make no commercial sense.

As an aside, I think you're pulling my plonker!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top