Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: So this is where I stand

Nothing wrong with being a cleaner

When I retired I was bored and wanted something to do so my wife and I started cleaning we charged 15 euros per hour and with in 6 months we had over ten properties to clean and maintain I could have made it in to a big business but I did not want to employ people any more as they would have not cleaned like we did but out of it we have made some very nice friends
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:23 PM

I know there's nothing wrong with it I've always been quite proud I do a decent job. Sadly Eu have affected my job though by driving down my wages with cheap labour.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:25 PM

Then you should do it for your self
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
When you say NATO you actually mean America. Another reason we need a EU Army so we don't have to rely on that demented prick Trump.

Of course the EU is not the only way nations can co-operate, you only have to think of EFTA, EEA, NAFTA, ASEAN, SATB, USAN etc etc. But hang on these are all multi nation organisations and to trade with any of them will require the consent of all in each trading bloc.

I wonder which one of us is blinkered, I know it ain't me.
That is complete and utter crap. Nato is not the USA.

There is NO reason to need an EU army.

You have totaly sold your soul to the EU if you think the EU needs an army.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:47 PM

I doubt they would be in such a rush to form an army were it not for Trump.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Then you should do it for your self
I've no idea how you think that would improve matters. i love the job I do, to do it for myself I have to give up my holidays and try to get new clients. Hardly think a cleaner arriving on crutches is going to get a new contract. Some times you have to know your limitations and I know mine. I do my job damned well as they love me where I work, have allowed me time off when I was at my worse with cancer, and if I struggle walking allow me to take longer to finish.

If only life was so easy I could just do it for myself.

Funny how people always have this idea life is so easy you can just do something else it's not that plain sailing for many of us.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That is complete and utter crap. Nato is not the USA.

There is NO reason to need an EU army.

You have totaly sold your soul to the EU if you think the EU needs an army.
What I don't understand about that is if they can't pay their 2 percent towards NATO how are they going to afford their own army ? makes no sense to me although others will say I'm too dim to understand the ways of the world,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Much like Cameron when he asked the question.

It's sad really and I keep reading in various places how we are a little island broke and desperate, can't look after ourselves. If people had said that a few years ago we'd all be speaking German now.
Yet we are the 5th largest economy in the world, according to some.

Yes, I know, according to the remoaners we shall be the 25th largest economy after Brexit!

It doesn't matter, though, because from what they say the sky will have fallen down anyway!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've no idea how you think that would improve matters. i love the job I do, to do it for myself I have to give up my holidays and try to get new clients. Hardly think a cleaner arriving on crutches is going to get a new contract. Some times you have to know your limitations and I know mine. I do my job damned well as they love me where I work, have allowed me time off when I was at my worse with cancer, and if I struggle walking allow me to take longer to finish.

If only life was so easy I could just do it for myself.

Funny how people always have this idea life is so easy you can just do something else it's not that plain sailing for many of us.
You don't have to justify anything about your life on here , Julie.
Moscow
Scotland

18-11-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I doubt they would be in such a rush to form an army were it not for Trump.
Again, that's nonsense.

They have been planning this for decades.

Undermining Nato by not spending their 2% gdp on defence was a deliberate ploy..

They see Brexit as an opportunity to push this agenda forward.

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top