Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for a tiny brag...

I have landed a "job" as a columnist in a glossy dog magazine after months of waiting to see whether it would really happen, the first issue with it in is now out!
Just as this was coming to the boil, I was commissioned to write a piece for another magazine, not dogs this time but another glossy that you can find in all the newsagents and having written that, I have been asked to write another!
I'm amazed, and grateful, after nearly three years of absolutely nothing... Funny how they came up together, I wonder if these things come in three's? No, mustn't be greedy
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 11:04 PM

Re: Not sure if this is the right place for a tiny brag...

Congrats! You should start writing for us on Dogsey too (tho it's just for the love of it)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 11:08 PM

Congratulations Dalmagirl, well done!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 11:11 PM

Congratulations, well done....
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Thanks folks!

You should start writing for us on Dogsey too (tho it's just for the love of it)
Hmmm...

Well at least that's better than making a huge loss like the last project, even though it won an award last year
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 11:35 PM

Congratulations, well done! You must feel sooooo good!!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2010, 12:11 AM

Congratulations and well done DG, . . .
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2010, 07:55 AM

Oh wow, good for you, persistence pays off. Congratulations.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Congratulations, I hope it goes well for you.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland

09-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks again, it's certainly going to keep me busy thinking up topics especially as it is supposed to get people thinking, and there are eight editions of the magazine per year! The editor has been very good to me and even trails it on their website as one of the magazine features... alongside the "big names"... but at least my photo isn't there!
I have a good face/body for radio!
Luckily with the other magazine they determine what they want, complete with word count, which makes life a little easier!
I haven't written for commercial magazines since 1975 so it just goes to show that you can go back to what you did a loooooong time ago... not so much a career change as a step back to something I actually enjoy doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top