Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Traumatic Tuesday

Afternoon all . . . . yeah, traumatic's the word . . . I'm knackered . . been down the cowp three times today . . . that bleedin washer/dryer nearly did my back in loading it on the Jeep . . . it's lay for a year along with the old fridge/freezer but they's all gone to the happy scrapper in the sky now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 04:15 PM

Re: Traumatic Tuesday

Hi, Nero! Hope you didn't throw your back out!

Nice day here: 17 C (62 F), sunny and no wind. I've been to the market and that's about all the exciting news here!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi, Nero! Hope you didn't throw your back out!

Nice day here: 17 C (62 F), sunny and no wind. I've been to the market and that's about all the exciting news here!
Wot, no ash ? . . . . . I heard it's blowing in the wind over there DM.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 04:26 PM

It wasn't on the morning news, I daresay it will get here in due time, unfortunately!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Ash reported over Newfoundland last night, I believe.

No trauma here - it's been a nice day. I took the dog out, then had my hair done early, mooched around town a bit, had some lunch, enjoyed the garden, took delivery of my new mattress and generally did not a lot. Very pleasant!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 07:25 PM

Evening all

Its been a lovely day today, nothing much going on, pottered around this morning then work this afternoon, lovely and quiet now the children are back at school I met the shire horses again today on the school drive on my way home, it's usually the tractors I bump into!

Take care Dennis you'll end up with a hernia at that rate

I heard on the news that the wind is going to change direction and Canada will be next to receive the Ash.

I hope you have all had a good day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Evening, Denis, and everyone.

It was a dolly-mixture day, lovely sunshine, windy, a bit of rain and so cold!! Lovely though for me walking Loki round the lochs at Lochwinnoch - we both enjoyed it!! Loki doesn't like it hot!!

Hope you are all enjoying your evening

Take care.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Evening all-hope you are all well. Been hectic over the last week or so-family health issues, working late, laptop throwing a wobbler etc., etc. etc.,so haven't been able to drop in recently. But things are on the up and up thankfully

Today my replacement at work started so I can say now that I'm on countdown....8 more working days to 30 April Until then I will be working from 1-7pm, so my days will consist of walking in the morning, working in the afternoon and relaxing in the evening...can cope with that in the knowledge it won't be for much longer................
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 10:10 PM

'evening Denis and everyone,

Apologies for being absent last the few days, still trying to catch up from last year when I did the leg in and couldn't do very much.

Weather was nice today and this evening I looked up and saw an aeroplane flying over us so the 'volcanic ash' crisis seems to be diminishing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top