Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:14 AM

Re: i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

Originally Posted by paulr ->
Dear oh dear.you try and give friendly advice to people .i know a lot because I have an open mind and did my research 1st
Would anyone like to chat about gardening?
I'm going to tease you mercilessly here and say ...

Is this where you tell us about getting yourself buried amongst your own flower beds?
paulr
New Member!
uk
paulr is male 

17-02-2016, 12:16 AM

No in the compost
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:31 AM

No in the compost
I am having a woodland burial in a cardboard box and no funeral so discussing compost is entirely appropriate , that is what I will be providing, 'compost' food for the woodland trees and flowers
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:46 AM

I'm really not bothered about pre paying for my own funeral. I'd rather spend the money now.
When I'm gone the kids can well afford to pay for the funeral and then claim the money back from my estate.

I have of course left instructions on the kind of funeral I want and the music etc...
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 05:23 AM

Dear oh dear.you try and give friendly advice to people .i know a lot because I have an open mind and did my research 1st
Would anyone like to chat about gardening?
I am already in deep discussion with you in the gardening topics.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm really not bothered about pre paying for my own funeral. I'd rather spend the money now.
When I'm gone the kids can well afford to pay for the funeral and then claim the money back from my estate.

I have of course left instructions on the kind of funeral I want and the music etc...
Same here Carol, It's not something that I want to add to the ever growing list of things to worry about, like how soon can I be stretched out on a golden sandy beach under a clear blue sky clutching a G&T.....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:44 AM

My husband and I want the cheapest possible funerals, with no sentimental nonsense. It is a pity bodies can't be put in the recycling bin!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I want the cheapest possible funerals, with no sentimental nonsense. It is a pity bodies can't be put in the recycling bin!
You can, as long as you cut the body into small enough pieces to fit in the little green bags.

A good tip: don't put the body parts in the bin until the day before collection, the smell may give you away.

That's the only problem with over 50's forums, instead of people trying to sell you 18-30s style holidays they try to sell you funeral plans.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

That was well thought out Carol, good for you!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You can, as long as you cut the body into small enough pieces to fit in the little green bags.

A good tip: don't put the body parts in the bin until the day before collection, the smell may give you away.

That's the only problem with over 50's forums, instead of people trying to sell you 18-30s style holidays they try to sell you funeral plans.
Maybe one could opt to be cut up and fed to animals in the zoo?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top