Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Re: Now the Costa is clear.

Do you mean Bisto free Terry, or should that be Bistro? I don't go anywhere unless I can get my gravy powder!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 10:48 AM

I may suffer from the obligatory hangover as a visit to Gib is on the cards.
A few relics from bygone years settled there.

Yes, EZ......i meant Bisto.
Whilst I have nothing against this find granule I do hate the signs outside bars which invitingly state 'Traditional Sunday Roast with real Bisto gravy'
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:55 PM

We have lots of restaurants which advertise "traditional Sunday lunch" but I've never seen one yet that mentions Bisto gravy, it must be a southern Spain thing. We did once go into a restaurant that stated "roast pork with sage and onion gravy", it was the most disgusting meal ever. The mashed potatoes came up on the fork in a solid lump and smelt musty, the sage and onion gravy was a glutinous blob. Needless to say we sent the meal back, told them we were not paying for such disgusting food and left.

Having said earlier today it was definitely much cooler, well it was, it just isn't now, it's back to 30C............and there are still more than a few tourists about.

Enjoy your break when you go Tpin.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:19 PM

I think I'm safe in saying the Costa del Sol has the highest concentration of expats in Spain and, as you know clumsy, some of those expats like to create their own 'Little Britain'. Just like those they criticise in the UK.

This, unfortunately, breeds the Real Bisto culture in some small pockets

Thankfully we are not in the Torremolinos area so it's not as bad where we are.

I can still readily buy a San Miguel and Paella from a real Pedro, Xavier or Jose etc.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:19 PM

Hi

Are you taking a fishing rod Tpin?

I always do.

A few squid jigs, nothing like fresh squid, flash cooked.

A waggler and some bread, amazing Mullet there in the Marinas.

Yep, I know it says no fishing, but up early and you are away.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2016, 03:31 PM

I posted some photos from my last trip.....my pal has a huge catamaran which we go out on regularly......I may try some sea fishing, failing that we have a small lake in the valley which I use.

Photo from Barranco Blanco

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1931  
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I think I'm safe in saying the Costa del Sol has the highest concentration of expats in Spain and, as you know clumsy, some of those expats like to create their own 'Little Britain'. Just like those they criticise in the UK.

This, unfortunately, breeds the Real Bisto culture in some small pockets

Thankfully we are not in the Torremolinos area so it's not as bad where we are.

I can still readily buy a San Miguel and Paella from a real Pedro, Xavier or Jose etc.
A friend and I went to Torremonlinos a couple of years ago, first and last time. We visited some nice places around the area but to be honest, I prefer here where we are.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2016, 05:28 PM

I like the Moorish architecture and influences of Andalucian life.
Like this bird sanctuary, for example.

Mijas.

Marina..Puerto Banus

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Those are just beautiful pics Tpin....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

09-10-2016, 12:33 PM

Well, I'm now counting down the hours......hopefully my mum's health(not so good at the mo)won't get in the way. Finger's crossed

I've got a couple of appointments booked for Thursday & Friday, Hopefully I'll conclude on those days freeing up the rest of the time I'll have left:

Hopefully I'll be meeting up with a forum member and hubby which I'm looking forward to.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top