Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 11:46 AM

Where to go for our hols

Hmm, been pondering our holidays for this year, and we can't decide where to go, last year we had a wonderful week in the iow, and I would go again but the oh says not to as we might get bored of it as we did explore quite a lot of the island , she might have a point, we normally go to the south coast, last year, and the year before it was Lyme Regis, a place I love but again, we may have done it to death, so to speak, Bournemouth is another great place and have been many times ( most recently in 2015) for a day trip from Lyme, but we found it a bit busy, Torquay the same, so where to, ? Any of the off have any suggestions?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Re: Where to go for our hols

We loved Swanage, would definitely go again.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Yes go to MALTA lovely part of the world.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Snowdonia is great, so are parts of Cornwall, also Kilve in Somerset.
It depends what sort of places you enjoy visiting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 01:20 PM

South West Wales Pembrokeshire /Ceredigion lovely beaches and very quiet out of the peak holiday season.

We have rented some beautiful cottages there many from these people...
https://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 02:11 PM

A few interesting ideas, doc I'm afraid abroad is a no no as we don't have passports wales is interesting, will have to look into that, ruthio, swanage is a lovely idea, certainly food for thought
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
A few interesting ideas, doc I'm afraid abroad is a no no as we don't have passports wales is interesting, will have to look into that, ruthio, swanage is a lovely idea, certainly food for thought

I also love Cornwall
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 02:54 PM

Every time my SiL went to the IoW she came back pregnant - so I have always avoided it! Am planning on going home again this year - so look out Dublin!!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Why don't you try Norfolk? We have a beautiful coastline, the wonderful Norfolk Broads, some fantastic beaches, woodland, heathland and it doesn't get as crowded as Devon and Cornwall.

There are some first rate holiday parks on the coast, excellent small hotels and B and Bs, cottages to rent and boats on the Broads.

We also usually get the record for the most sunshine and we are a dry county so much nicer than the South West.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2017, 04:29 PM

I can't believe that in all of these posts not one person has yet mentioned Yorkshire, God's very own county.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top