Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:23 PM

What is your weakness

Are there any snacks that you know jolly well aren't really good for you, yet you just cannot resist?

I was coming down the escalator from Asda today, and I noticed a pack of the plain 'Original Pringles' sticking out of my shopping bag. I don't know how they got there, I'm sure they must have leapt in my trolley inspite of me walking past and determined not to buy them.

Well there I was, gliding down this escalator, and once I spotted these wretched Pringles I had to have one - right there and then on the escalator! That is so unlike me, but I lose all sense of reason when I am in the company of a Pringle.
I found, to my horror, that I was salivating trying to get the lid off! I don't mean to the point where I was dribbling down my chin, but I could feel my mouth moist inside.
I ate two before I got to the car park. How uncouth is that!
People looked at me knowingly, perhaps they were Pringle addicts too - you know . takes one to know one, and all that.

My only other weakness is a good Lemon Drizzle cake.

Have you an uncontrollable weakness like that?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:29 PM

Re: What is your weakness

Cadbury's caramel eggs which are absolutely divine. They come in a three pack and I always think in vain that I might make the pack last for more than five mins.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Snickers ice cream.....can't resist.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:31 PM

It has to be Almond Magnums for me
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:33 PM

I could sniff out an opened Boursin cheese from fifty metres
So I buy the Philadelphia light version instead!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:37 PM

Oh dear, we are a weak-willed lot aren't we.

I'm so glad it's not just me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I could sniff out an opened Boursin cheese from fifty metres
So I buy the Philadelphia light version instead!
philadelphia light or any variety - yum! Must be good for your bones with all that calcium....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:20 AM

Chocolate coated peanuts - Lidl do a hard shell type similar to Treats/M&Ms but a fair bit cheaper. Lush.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 01:34 AM

Mups, only two pringles ? Very controlled I would have thought.

For me it's chocolate but no longer Cadbury's. Sorry to say, but it is so sickly now it's just horrible. I miss the old Cadbury's chocolate. Galaxy is much nicer in comparison .
Thorntons chocolate has gone off too.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 07:05 AM

I guess coffee is my main weakness. I get through gallons of the stuff every day. My other unmissable treat is NUTS - every week I buy a large pack of pecan nut kernels and dry roast them with salt in a frying pan. After they have cooled, they are crispy heaven and are my snack of choice!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top