Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:41 AM

The Countdown

Ok, now I'm starting to really get excited. I've been waiting 6 months for July 20th to arrive. I'm just one week away from my grandest vacation of all times. I'm heading on a 9 day bus tour of the Canyons of the West bus tour covering 5 states, 5 national parks and a lake. http://www.greentortoise.com/adventu...rand.zion.html I'll be traveling by foot, car, bus, train, plane. cable car & ferry. I'll be sleeping in two hostels, a bus & in my own tent. I haven't a clue what I'll be eating as the Green Tortoise Tour Company provides 70% of the food.

I'm carrying about $4,000 worth of camera gear and enough battery and storage capability to take a few thousand photos. I'm bringing enough clothes for 7-9 days, all my own camping gear and enough drugs to tide me over for 12 days. I take about 15 prescription pills a day for hypertension, diabetes, gout and prostate.

Did I mention I was a bit excited?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:45 AM

Re: The Countdown

I am getting excited for you Bob your trip sounds wonderful and I look forward to lots of photographs and tales of your experiences....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 11:45 AM

I had a feeling you'd start a 'countdown' thread Bob, in fact I'm surprised you didn't start one a month ago! How exciting, hasn't the time flown by? One week from today you are actually off on that holiday of a lifetime. Will miss you on here so you'd better make up for it when you get back, lots of photos and tales for us
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I had a feeling you'd start a 'countdown' thread Bob, in fact I'm surprised you didn't start one a month ago! How exciting, hasn't the time flown by? One week from today you are actually off on that holiday of a lifetime. Will miss you on here so you'd better make up for it when you get back, lots of photos and tales for us
Since the likelihood is that there will be a fair number of foreign travelers with me on the tour bus it will be like me being on this forum, except I'm the foreigner here.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 12:58 PM

That sounds like a wonderful trip, Bob, and hope you have a wonderful time. Look forward to seeing some of your photos.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Have started my own count-down too matey - but have to wait a bit longer - am off to Cyprus end of August for 2 whole weeks!!! - Lazing on a sun lounger, being waited on hand and foot by the hotel staff and being fed and watered three times daily. Restaurant serves 'buffet' meals - so one can help oneself with as much () as one wishes and go back for seconds too with each meal. Local wines with lunch and dinner and cocktails in the evening - all part of the deal.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

13-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Have started my own count-down too matey - but have to wait a bit longer - am off to Cyprus end of August for 2 whole weeks!!! - Lazing on a sun lounger, being waited on hand and foot by the hotel staff and being fed and watered three times daily. Restaurant serves 'buffet' meals - so one can help oneself with as much () as one wishes and go back for seconds too with each meal. Local wines with lunch and dinner and cocktails in the evening - all part of the deal.
No rest for me Joe. I'll be hiking mountain trails and canyon in desert heat. Not to worry, we've got it all figured out. We'll go at night. LOL
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
No rest for me Joe. I'll be hiking mountain trails and canyon in desert heat. Not to worry, we've got it all figured out. We'll go at night. LOL

Bob matey, you mad impetuous fool!!!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Im excited for you both lol Hope to see stacks of pics when you return
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Well not just as far away but I am going to Bristol for a few days, have travelled to America and other countries, so I want to see some more of all the nice English cities and countryside, hoping to go to Bath and maybe a day to Exeter. I wish you all the best on your holidays near or far.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top