Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Holiday happy

Am getting 'holiday happy' and can't wait to get on the 'plane and be off. Am flying on 30th August and will be away for two weeks. This is where I'll be: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...el-Paphos.html
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Re: Holiday happy

Never been to Cyprus Uncle Joe, but looks a lovely place. Time will soon pass, and I hope you have a great holiday...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 09:50 PM

It looks lovely Uncle Joe my husband spent a lot of time on Cyprus with the army and he loved it . I hope you have a wonderful time.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:26 AM

Now that looks like a place for a Summer holiday sure you will enjoy it Cyprus is def on my list. I shall await your opinion when you return. Enjoy
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Kazz darlin' I can already give you an opinion on it as I was there at the same hotel last October - its fabulous!!!!

Doing an 'all inclusive' holiday there, all meals were buffet, so after seating yourself at a table and giving your drinks order to the waitress (you can have glasses/carafes of wine with lunch and dinner), you go grab a plate and help yourself to whatever is on offer (there are two rows of food to choose from) and you can go back for seconds etc. During the day whilst laying out on the sun-loungers around the large swimming pool, the waiters and waitresses are constantly touring and will serve you ice cold fruit juices. There is a full entertainment programme in the evenings on the patio and again the waiters are touring around and will serve you cocktails (I got a taste for 'Black Russians' - Vodka, Tia Maria and coke in a tall glass full of ice cubes.

Down in the harbour area of Paphos there is a vast archeological site that is about 2 miles square. They have found large mosaics there (the site is still being uncovered) and artefacts that are over 4000 years old. If you have an interest in ancient history - Paphos is an absolute MUST to see.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:03 AM

We're off on September 1st to Albufeira in Portugal.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...5t8rQXizGhu33Q
It's our first trip to Portugal after several years of going to Spain - we felt like a change and also it's got quite expensive in Spain now. We have friends in Spain and Portugal so we know about costs and the poor rate of Sterling against the euro doesn't help yet in Portugal prices have not gone up that much.
Another first for us is we're going self-catering because we want to try to get away from fixed meal times because we like to do our own thing - we're not pool-side loungers at all. We will probably do some touring around on local transport but we don't have any fixed itinerary at all and we never do - more fun that way!! stevmk2
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 11:18 AM

Hope you have great weather and a safe flight Uncle Joe.......Looks like a lovely place.......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 01:07 PM

I'm excited for you Uncle Joe, I spent some time on Cyprus when in the forces back in the sixties. Our main barracks were in Larnaca but as Royal Engineers we travelled to all of the bases repairing buildings and building new roads etc. My favorite place was Episkopi, which was the main RAF base for the airfield at Akrotiri. Those Brylcreem Boys certainly lived well...happy days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 04:26 PM

That looks a lovely hotel Uncle Joe and I hope you'll have a great time there - guaranteed sunshine there, isn't it?

We went to Cyprus many years ago, Protaras ..... if we went again, I think we would choose Paphos too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
We're off on September 1st to Albufeira in Portugal.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...5t8rQXizGhu33Q
It's our first trip to Portugal after several years of going to Spain - we felt like a change and also it's got quite expensive in Spain now. We have friends in Spain and Portugal so we know about costs and the poor rate of Sterling against the euro doesn't help yet in Portugal prices have not gone up that much.
Another first for us is we're going self-catering because we want to try to get away from fixed meal times because we like to do our own thing - we're not pool-side loungers at all. We will probably do some touring around on local transport but we don't have any fixed itinerary at all and we never do - more fun that way!! stevmk2
Your forthcoming holiday hotel looks good too, Martin. We've never been to Portugal and would always appreciate recommendations of resorts/hotels

Hope you enjoy your much needed holiday and come back feeling relaxed and rested.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top