Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Re: Taking a Toddler on a Cruise

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It is a specifically child friendly cruise.
That's different then, I hope they enjoy themselves.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Now you tell us!!
I don't see how that is significant?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:25 AM

So it's a child friendly cruise, and you're asking if you should take a child with you? And you can't understand Ruthio's comment?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:29 AM

I've been on dozens of cruises some on large ships some on smaller ones....the large ships ...for instance P&O Azura or Ventura are very child friendly with things like kids clubs baby sitting and early teas...there are special family and kids areas and it works well. The smaller ships such as the Azamara (my favourite) fleet is wonderful for adults but not so good for kids.

The problem your daughter will have is that it's only the smaller ships that go right up into fjords...but the bigger ships do offer quite good iteneries....I would take a toddler on a bigger ship
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
So it's a child friendly cruise, and you're asking if you should take a child with you? And you can't understand Ruthio's comment?
That is indeed correct.

My "concern" isn't anything to do with how "child friendly" the cruise is.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Well Gravy,it's Your Daughters decision whether to take HER Child on this cruise,so it probably won't matter what YOUR concern is...You'll just have to trust She made the right one...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:07 PM

This is the ship we were on docked in a fjord
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Lots of Iranians and others take midnight pleasure cruises from France to England with kids and enjoy it
Gravitas
North England

06-03-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Well Gravy,it's Your Daughters decision whether to take HER Child on this cruise,so it probably won't matter what YOUR concern is...You'll just have to trust She made the right one...
I wasn't EVER intending to try to stop her from going on the cruise i.e. I'm well aware it is her decision - and wouldn't bring this up with her.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 02:27 PM

I don't see how that is significant?
Originally Posted by eccles ->
That is indeed correct.

My "concern" isn't anything to do with how "child friendly" the cruise is.
OK. Not your concern perhaps, but certainly I'm sure it was your daughter's.
I think that "child friendly" is the most important phrase you've used.

Let's consider the title you chose...Taking a Toddler on a Cruise
Now let's alter it so that it reflects the cruise that you cite in your original post where you say, "I've never been on a cruise and wouldn't fancy it, but with a two year old along it seems an even worse idea to me

Don't you think that if the title had been, for example...Taking a Toddler on a "Child Friendly" Cruise, would you do it?...you would have immediately made the picture clear, as to why your daughter had (presumably/obviously) picked out this particular cruise, and you would have attracted very different and more informed responses?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top